NHL'94 Forums

My NHL 14

Emer

This is my NHL 14 rom. It's not perfect but I think It's a good hack. This is my first rom so I'm new to all of this. I love NHL 94 so I decided to make this update.

It Features:

Updated Rosters (11/01/2013) (New rookies, Jones, Monahan, Mckinnon, Hertl, and others)

Updated Jerseys (11/01/2013)

o4a0.jpg

Manual Goalies (Goalie Patch)

6,8,10 and 20 Min Periods (OT 3 minutes)

weight bug fix (SMOZROM) Thanks to Seano7302 :)

AND NOW WITH THE 2 ON 2 ROM!!!!!!!

Great rom by Seano7302

Hope you guys enjoy It !!!!

post-3851-0-59374500-1379175784_thumb.jp

NHL 14 2 on2.bin

NHL 14.bin

Edited by Emer

I ran this through smozrom (weight bug fix, etc.) for you. How do I put it in a post?

Edited by Seano7302

I ran this through smozrom (weight bug fix, etc.) for you. How do I put it in a post?

Sorry Seano7302, but I'm new to this site and I don't know how to use it, I think only creating a new topic, and thanks a lot for the support.

you have four period lengths? is that done by activating and altering the testing one?

Edited by trudatman

you have four period lengths? is that done by activating and altering the testing one?

Yes, well I used a NHL 94 hack and It also had 4 period lenghts (5,7,10,and 20) then I edited using NOSE, all updates and changes were made in NOSE. But as I said before I'm new to all of this, so I'm updating this rom and also learning with you guys of the forum. Edited by Emer

cool. well, welcome. it looks like you did a very good job with your ROM. what was the hardest part? was it fun doing jerseys? did you create your own player ratings?

Yes, well I used a NHL 94 hack and It also had 4 period lenghts (5,7,10,and 20) then I edited using NOSE, all updates and changes were made in NOSE. But as I said before I'm new to all of this, so I'm updating this rom and also learning with you guys of the forum.

Are you going to put the 2 on 2 version up?

cool. well, welcome. it looks like you did a very good job with your ROM. what was the hardest part? was it fun doing jerseys? did you create your own player ratings?

Well thank you so much dude!!! I think the hardest part was the transfers, because NOSE doesn't have a transfer tool. About the jerseys, they were really fun and also hard to do to do because I wanted to make more realistic jerseys to this date, and some jerseys were not even close to the real teams jerseys so I tried to make better ones. The ratings were kinda easy to do because I followed the entire season and players' statistics. So I rated each player by his performance on last season.

what did you "transfer" and from where? I don't understand that part.

did you use any formulas for the ratings? do you pull some from statistics or do it all by your own knowledge?

what did you "transfer" and from where? I don't understand that part.

did you use any formulas for the ratings? do you pull some from statistics or do it all by your own knowledge?

I used NOSE to copy and paste the players to their new teams, and then deleting from their previous teams because doesn't have a transfer tool in NOSE so I had to do this to make some sort of transfer, I didn't use any formulas, and I did all by my own knowledge.

word. thanks for all of your effort! I hope people enjoy your game.

no problem. my posting abilities are being suspended, but hopefully I'll be back soon. keep up the good work. maybe I can get and respond to private messages, but I'm not sure.

is there anything further you intend to work on for this project?

no problem. my posting abilities are being suspended, but hopefully I'll be back soon. keep up the good work. maybe I can get and respond to private messages, but I'm not sure.

is there anything further you intend to work on for this project?

Ok no problem,I really want to edit ice logos, the teams logos and banners, and the starting menu to put Martin Brodeur's NHL 14 cover.

if I'm remembering correctly, banners are kind of tough because they reuse portions of each other. banner and logo coloring isn't as easy as jerseys. for all of that logo and menu screen action, be glad you prefer the Genesis. I've wanted to do any of that stuff for the SNES ROMs for a while, but we don't have anybody capable enough to assist with the getting it done.

how long did this project take you, so far? months? weeks? just days? are you likely to keep up with roster moves and lines throughout the season?

if I'm remembering correctly, banners are kind of tough because they reuse portions of each other. banner and logo coloring isn't as easy as jerseys. for all of that logo and menu screen action, be glad you prefer the Genesis. I've wanted to do any of that stuff for the SNES ROMs for a while, but we don't have anybody capable enough to assist with the getting it done.

how long did this project take you, so far? months? weeks? just days? are you likely to keep up with roster moves and lines throughout the season?

Oh ok. Well I took almost 3 months on this project, most of it were the jerseys and player moves, paying real attention to the NHL updates. I really want to keep up with the roster moves I'm always looking at the NHL transfers. Edited by Emer

• 2 weeks later...

I played a game with the ducks and noticed all players are rated between 40-43 overall. Is this on purpose?

Yes I rated all players by their last season performance, and they were very different, Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry were strong, and then I used weight bug fix so now they have this overall, but I used on purpose.

do you have a copy of it pre-weight bug fix? I am sure most people would love to use it with the updates as it looks really good, but I just loaded it up and saw for example the speed of all players was 39. Thanks for your work on this, very nicely done.

do you have a copy of it pre-weight bug fix? I am sure most people would love to use it with the updates as it looks really good, but I just loaded it up and saw for example the speed of all players was 39. Thanks for your work on this, very nicely done.

Sorry dude unfortunately I don't have the pre-weight bug fix rom, only this one, but I'll try to improve the speed of the fastest players on NHL, and many thanks for the support.

I used NOSE to copy and paste the players to their new teams, and then deleting from their previous teams because doesn't have a transfer tool in NOSE so I had to do this to make some sort of transfer, I didn't use any formulas, and I did all by my own knowledge.

NOSE secret ability: Open up two NOSE windows at once, and you can copy/paste between NOSE windows. So open version 1.x of your ROM in one NOSE, and version 1.(x+1) in another, and go nuts.

NOSE secret ability: Open up two NOSE windows at once, and you can copy/paste between NOSE windows. So open version 1.x of your ROM in one NOSE, and version 1.(x+1) in another, and go nuts.

Wow thank you so much for the help, you really helped me on doing the transfers, thank you so much dude :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...