NHL'94 Forums

The Newbs Only '14 Draft League

Seano7302

NON NEWBS CAN JOIN TOO! I JUST WANT PEOPLE TO PLAY AND HAVE FUN!

This league is supposed to be VERY small. I want atleast 6 but no more than 10 teams. It is a 2 on 2 draft league. No penaltys, manual goalies and 3 minute periods. The league site is www.nhl9414dl.weebly.com/.

Rules

Drafting

• You need 4 F, 4 D, and 2 G.
  • The draft will be in a snake format. Except the order gets redrawn every other round so people don't get all the 1st picks (i.e. Dude 1 picks first in 1st round. Picks 8th in second and lets say 5th in 3rd)

Player ratings.

• Players will be rated on the 0 to 15 scale. Ratings will not be released until after the draft, BUT a week before the draft players will be ranked 1-25 in their position and 10 players will receive an unranked listing.
  • The rankings are based off THN's top 50 players and yahoo fantasy hockey's top 30 in each position.

Registration Qualifications

• The first 10 people will be considered "Big Leaguers", while the next ten are minor league coaches.

Help Wanted:

• Someone to edit banners and logos when people decide them.
  • Someone to enable line editing for the rom (It's 2 on2 remember that!).

Things I forgot to say

• You get to post a team logo, name, arena, jersey design (i.e. White base, black trim, black pants, and white shoulders)post-7434-0-27680300-1379179940_thumb.pn, and your aim name when you sign up.
  • This rom I ran through smozrom. It has most of the enhancements.

WAITLIST

Upper League

1. Seano7302 20moris@sau5.org. Team Name. Durham Knights.

Minor Leagues

post-7434-0-02672100-1379179376_thumb.pn

Edited by Seano7302

With the ratings not released until after the draft, what exactly are you drafting? Just names?

No not just names. There will be player rankings because why waste time making ratings for players people aren't going to use? Also if you read the player ratings section, you'll see that I have mentioned rankings.

Edited by Seano7302

You need ratings because people like to draft based on different skills so your rankings may not be accurate. Example is I think Pavel Bure is the 10th best player in the game, but most would rank him at 2-4.

Another good topic, who are your top 10 F's etc.

Plabax just curious who ur top 10 is, just cause i know we have differing views on different players. Bure 10?

My top 10 :

1. Roenick

2. Yzerman

3. Mogilny

4. Selanne

5. Fleury

6. Ciccarelli

7. Klima

8. Gartner

9. Bure (actually)

10. Gretzky

To me, it just feels like Bure is not in the top 5 range, I've tried him so many times but I'm never convinced.

Another thing to note is that he is 5 Weight, so the advanced players will be looking to B check him.

Players like Mog, Klima, Gartner who are 7 Weight will be C checked more, it's easier to dodge C checks which makes them more dominant in my opinion.

Guest goursie19

and since its 2 days and nobody has anything positive to say about the league (including me), this league isn't gonna go well. I personally don't like the setup of the league and like Plabax said, people like to draft based on rating not on names. Count me OUT!