NHL'94 Forums

Article: Dieter Ruehle drops some musical knowledge about NHL 94

smozoma

http://lifeinhockeywood.com/2013/09/12/dieter-ruehle-drops-some-musical-knowledge-about-nhl-94.aspx

Dieter Ruehle, the Kings' music director high above the ice at Staples Center, was tapped back in the day to provide the organ music that was played in between goals and puck drops in the game.

Because of his substantial involvement in NHL 94 and his long attachment to the Los Angeles Kings, I have decided to induct Dieter into the very exclusive Hockeywood Video Game Hall Of Fame.

I caught up with the Hall-Of-Famer earlier this summer to ask him about his experience with his brush with video game greatness.

1) How were you approached to do the organ playing on NHL 94? What was the process like?

Wow, it was such a long time ago, I don’t remember the details. All I do remember is this: I was in my first season as organist for the San Jose Sharks (after working Kings games from 89-90 thru 91-92). The folks at Electronic Arts approached me - through the Sharks - to record the organ music for NHL 94.

check the article for the rest (it starts off about nhl '14)

pretty neat. great find, Smoz. this guy did a damned good job with that project.