NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 08 - Trades (Unofficial)

kingraph

Use this thread to post trades and confirm. You can use the trade talk thread to discuss trades, and post them here once you have a deal.

One coach must offer up the trade and the other must confirm. It helps if you quote the original trade when confirming! Also helps if you list your team and pick numbers (when available).

What You Can Trade

• You must OWN what you trade. You can trade 3 things:
  • players you have already drafted/protected this draft
  • draft picks
  • protection picks

Trade Limits

• You can trade away or drop 5 players + protection picks maximum. (during and after the draft)
  • you can trade away up to 5 draft picks (not players/protects)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note that any trades involving players won't be official until after the protection round is over. Technically Probob doesn't own Stevens yet. The order is:

1. Probob chooses to protect Kevin Stevens

2. Once the protection round is over, Probob owns Kevin Stevens

3. Probob trades Kevin Stevens to minpind for pick 2.08

This prevents a situation where probob now trades for another 1st round protect and protects LaFontaine, for example.

Dont mean to be a grinch here, but is this not a highly questionable trade that needs to evaluated?

Chaos wants to give up 2.2 in order to protect Sundin, but it wud b a miracle if 2.1 was used to get Sundin, so from Chaos' point of view it's pointless.

Hokkee on the other hand jumps from the bottom to the top of the draft & gets one of the games best players, thus preventing the guys with 2.3 or 2.4 from having that player.

Hokkee's in A so it doesn't aaffect me at all. I'm just asking if it's not a trade that makes no sense. There's only 1 winner.

Selanne, Tikkanen, Fuhr. Plenty of others too. They.ll b a big difference beteeen the quality in the first picksd and the last 6 or 7. If movin up in rd4 significantly helps you I guess it may work, but Hokkee defo wins big time

Selanne, Tikkanen, Fuhr. Plenty of others too. They.ll b a big difference beteeen the quality in the first picksd and the last 6 or 7. If movin up in rd4 significantly helps you I guess it may work, but Hokkee defo wins big time

Raph is looking for a 2nd (1st round prot.) Who will not with Selanne and Neely? lol

Personally I don't see anything wrong with this trade, and if anything hokkee pays a lot for this.

Hokkee gives up a 1st round protect (1st round pick of Petr Klima) to get another pick of that same caliber. At the same time he goes down almost an entire round in the 4th? How is this a win for hokkee?

Chaos gives up a very valuable pick in 2.2, but he wanted Sundin anyway. He could've just drafted Sundin, but instead gets value for the 2.2 by moving up in the 4th.

I'd give this edge to Chaos, imo.

I get it for chaos i guess but still think hokkee wins big. He goes from a top class player in klima to probably a genuine elite match winner.

I get what ur sayin tho

I dunno robbie i'd put klima in same class as selanne tikkanen

ditto, maybe not Selanne. He's going to be a huge steal (I assume Houly takes him or somehow I can get a 1st protect and won't be available at 2.2 anway).

But yeah, Klima is the same level as tikkanen and Fuhr (??) and anyone else who will be there.

If anything hokkee doesnt really fain anything much imo. Klima is as good as anone at 2.2 and hecalso drops from 4.1 to 4.23

I've used klima in gdl n blitz and he just doesn't have chemistry with me and I really want to change up the mess I created last time,I think chaos gets the edge in trade but it gives me a chance to get someone as good as klima that I actually like

I've had sundin since the beginning and he has always been in top 10 in scoring. He fits the way I play. I know I could have gotten someone better at 2.2 and I have drafted high quality guys in the past but felt like i couldn't use them to their potential. I'd rather keep someone who I'm familiar with and try to surround him with a better cast of guys. If I couldn't get another 1st protect, I was thinking of keeping sundin and dropping bourque (I know, I'm an idiot). Probably wouldn't have happened, but it was a thought.

And you can say that I always finish near the bottom of the league but its not so much the players on the team, it's me playing like crap since I barely play any gens and rarely ever play exhibs. I tend to start the blitz season and play like crap and then tend to play better towards the end. I plan on playing more before the season starts to shake the rust off instead of doing it through the first 15 or so games.

Also I think it's a good trade for hokkee since he will be able to have a good choice as to who he wants to build his team around, since he can see who has been protected and pretty much who is available already

Freydey (mtl) sends

1st rnd protect pick

To fokke (??) for

2nd pick 2.2