NHL'94 Forums

GENS Fall 2013 Teams and Playoff Format

kingraph

Here are the assigned teams and divisions, along with the playoff format. You have the option to change your team for an available team ONCE by end of Thursday.

20 Game League

There are 3 divisions of 6 teams and you play everyone in your division 4 times (20 games).

Top 4 teams in each division make the playoffs. Playoffs will be a best of 5 series. Divisional playoffs take place first with 1 v 4, 2 v 3 in each of the divisions.

After 3 division champs have been decided, the team with the best record in the regular season (pts, win%, GF-GA) gets a bye. The other two division winners play a best of 5 series, and move on to the championship with the bye week team.

Division 1

angryjay93 - EDM

kupuck19 - TB

addisonbr - QUE

Gretzkyonacold - LA

Mikeplugsnyder - BOS

nhl94admin - HFD

Division 2

BobIsNot - STL

Chefstar88 - ANA

Huachiman - CAL

mbobbyhall - DET

Meaneyac - WPG

skeletor - CHI

Division 3

coffey - PIT

Crash - VAN

Gintron8001 - BUF

habsoholic42 - PHI

Seano7302 - TOR

Suicideking81 - MTL

GENS A (40 game season)

Division 1

kingraph - VAN

Plabax - NYR

Uncle Seth - WPG

Vocally Caged - QUE

eggink444 - CAL

Begley15 - MTL

Division 2

swos - BUF

Icestorm NHL94 - DAL

nahkahomo - DET

hokkeefan2 - LA

brutus - CHI

Division winners are top 2 seeds, next best 6 make the playoffs. Top 4 seeds stay as is, bottom 4 seeds will be based on win% (in case of slacking). No reseeding during playoffs.

GENS B (40 game season)

Division 1

dcicon5148 - TOR

RedWingDevil - VAN

Jackandjose - QUE

RoBro - MTL

wheelsoffire - BUF

Division 2

minpind - BOS

Wittgenstein - PIT

Pearate - NYR

Sicarius Fulgur - DET

XxBDIDDYxX - CHI

Division winners are top 2 seeds, next best 6 make the playoffs. Top 4 seeds stay as is, bottom 4 seeds will be based on win% (in case of slacking). No reseeding during playoffs.

GENS C (40 game season)

Division 1

billydice - PIT

jagr68 - VAN

orangeblack92 - CAL

jer_33 - BUF

BROC4232 - BOS

Division 2

Culls17 - PHI

niuhuskie224 - MTL

redbonzai - CHI

methodm3n - DET

etownbio - TOR

I'm hoping this is the year we get to 100% games played! GOOD LUCK!

Chaos will be working on getting the site updated, and will post when the season starts with all the wonderful information that you will need to have a successful season.

1. Brutus over minpind? Don't change anything, but why?

2. Don't let dcicon drop and pick up because he always says B is fun for him with a "lesser team"

1. Brutus, minpind, Begley,etc would all be longshots against you in a 7 game series. They're all B level, imo. However, it came down to those folks who wanted a chance to compete in A as we don't have enough true A players this season (no Carse, Frey, Zalex, Flasox, kgman, etc).

2. Surprised (or am I?) that dcicon wants to switch teams as TOR was his 1st choice.

For the record, I was asked A or B, which if you are asking me, means there are not enough people who want to play & finish a league while blitz & gdl are running.

Last classic, I had Philly as a sub in B2 & went to game 7 w/ minpind in the playoffs. He lost to Seth & beat the others in much shorter series than mine.

So, to me, I'd consider it a wash. B+ type material in A league. Long odds on anyone in B not named Dickon to go anywhere if subbed for me, which is why they were asking, I'd assume. At least get guys who want to be in the ga.

No there is just Chicago and Philly

coffey also has philly, like me. I don't know if he took chicago as his team.

kingraph, is it ok to have two identical teams in the same division? I though that was the purpose of selecting multiple teams was to avoid team clashes like this.

coffey also has philly, like me. I don't know if he took chicago as his team.

kingraph, is it ok to have two identical teams in the same division? I though that was the purpose of selecting multiple teams was to avoid team clashes like this.

No, nice catch, Coffey actually has PIT, was my typo. I fixed it.

Culls17 in GEN 40 Season-Philadelphia

I will be available every Tuesday night from 9-11:30ish PM

I want to finish all my games this season and not go chasing people around.

AIM: Culls17

Can somebody Get an AIM thread going for this division so I know all the folks in the league?

Culls17 in GEN 40 Season-Philadelphia

I will be available every Tuesday night from 9-11:30ish PM

I want to finish all my games this season and not go chasing people around.

AIM: Culls17

Can somebody Get an AIM thread going for this division so I know all the folks in the league?

Yeah we will do this when the season starts.

Alright, I'll do my very best tomorrow. I hope them peeps will be on!

EDIT: Also, don't forget to reach me at NHL94Slapshot. I'm not using my old AIM anymore, so add me with this one.

Edited by RedWingDevil

Alright, I'll do my very best tomorrow. I hope them peeps will be on!

EDIT: Also, don't forget to reach me at NHL94Slapshot. I'm not using my old AIM anymore, so add me with this one.

Please change your AIM and email preferences using the Edit User Profile Page (under User Tools) on the nhl94online.com site

Please change your AIM and email preferences using the Edit User Profile Page (under User Tools) on the nhl94online.com site

Okay. It's been a while, so I'm using that.

Is there a place on the site that has IM names that go along with coach names? I checked the Registration / Waiting List page but it looks like it's been cleared out. And the list of Online players (http://www.nhl94online.com/html/online-players.php?lgtype=gens) looks like it hasn't been updated yet.

I'm not in a hurry or anything if it's not ready yet - just didn't know if it was hiding some place I hadn't thought to look.

Once everything is up on the site, it will be under "Teams and Schedules"

Is there a place on the site that has IM names that go along with coach names? I checked the Registration / Waiting List page but it looks like it's been cleared out. And the list of Online players (http://www.nhl94online.com/html/online-players.php?lgtype=gens) looks like it hasn't been updated yet.

I'm not in a hurry or anything if it's not ready yet - just didn't know if it was hiding some place I hadn't thought to look.