NHL'94 Forums

NHL14 on xbox 360, nhl94 anniversary mode

I bought this today....kingraph made me do it. I'll let you know how it goes...even though minpind already told me how it goes. I'll pretend I have some kind of original spectacular opinion of it.

Side note: I was going to the store just to buy cookies, and bought nhl14 because of those marketing geniuses.

Played the 94 mode tonight...lost the first couple but then final started winning a few games once i figured how to score...which, as minpind told me,"shoot for everywhere".

It doesn't have the 94 feel whatsoever...even the ways to score don't seem like they could be duplicated....but I loved it overall..the fighting was fun and you can lay out some super big hits.

The highlight of the night for me was Tim Gleason fighting twice after his teamate was nailed the with a big hit and he went down both times....you could barely recognize his face after the second fight. lol

Side note: I'll get XBOX Live so minpind and I can play pizza HUT mode.

Played the 94 mode tonight...lost the first couple but then final started winning a few games once i figured how to score...which, as minpind told me,"shoot for everywhere".

It doesn't have the 94 feel whatsoever...even the ways to score don't seem like they could be duplicated....but I loved it overall..the fighting was fun and you can lay out some super big hits.

The highlight of the night for me was Tim Gleason fighting twice after his teamate was nailed the with a big hit and he went down both times....you could barely recognize his face after the second fight. lol

Side note: I'll get XBOX Live so minpind and I can play pizza HUT mode.

Hut is fun. Hit me up at xbox live @SniperSean33

I really like that you can pick any team from any league provided and use it in the '94 mode. Would've been neat if they added some kind of season mode or playoff mode for it.

Starting to figure out the one -timers are a bit similar scoring like the original game.

But mostly it's blasting slapshots and picking corners.

Still can't understand why they make it so you can't control the goalie in these games.

you can control your goalie in normal NHL 14 games, just not in 94 anniversary mode. wasn't sure if you knew that or not based on what you said Hali lol

ahhhh...thanks bud. I haven't played much of the normal nhl14.... guess I just assumed the same function.

I've only experimented with the 'be a pro' mode...in which i play a game where the computer never passes to me and I have no idea what to do, until my shift is over and then I sit on the bench and watch. Fun times.

no problem. yeah just hold L1 and X (ps3) or LB and A (xbox). ya you can do this in normal versus games or hut. haha yeah be a pro is different but can be fun. just press O or B to sim to the next shift, watching is no fun lol. calling for a pass with R2 or RB makes the mode less boring too

In be a pro and online multiplayer you can choose to just be goalie. it's real fun, but frustrating at all the cheese that gets let in. you really gotta cut off angles and be agressive......like this guy

• 1 month later...

Finally I could try out this mode today. In my opinion, on default it's not as fun as it was advertised...

...But it can be a really fun mode if you change some important settings
- High Impact Game Mode (bigger hits, faster skating, bigger shots)
- SFX: crowd (low), commentary (low), arena music (high)

- Set Icing ON and Penalties ON (but it happens only very rarely)

- Vintage jerseys (but thats obvious)

Only drawback comes from High Impact Mode: scoring from slapshots is very easy, so you have to watch out.

Edited by Kashim