NHL'94 Forums

GENS Sim '94 GM League (Just an Idea)

Seano7302

League Idea. Feel free to post any ideas to help with rules.

This would be using original rom, and updated rom (Seperate leagues). This would be weight but fixed, and run through smozrom.

Outline

-20 Game Seasons

- Default online rules, EXCEPT there would be auto line changes and you'd be either watching on demo, or just letting me do the work for you.

Drafting

- Each player would pick 3 teams, pick 10 forwards, 7 defenseman, and 2 goalies from those teams.

Trades.

- It'll resemble blitz where there will be a thread for talk, confirming trades, and finalizing trades,

Free Agents

- Each season, your top player in each position will be put into the draft. But don't worry, you'll have shots at other players too!

Registration

- Just hit me up on aim at 20moris@sau5.org and specify if you will be registering for 14, or 94!

If you have any recomendations, feel free to post them below!

Edited by Seano7302

I am interested of this and I know about 10 other coaches from our KOHL manager-league who would potentially be interested of this. How many coaches is max. on this?

What are default online rules?

You are planning to sim all games by yourself or does other coaches do that also?

I would like to know more info about drafting, how does coaches pick up those 3 teams, in which order etc. This is of course fast way to do drafting, but not so equal. In our league we have salaries on players and drafting is done by offering better salaries to players. Offers are done by same time, without knowing what other coaches offered, we have php-script for that. Biggest offer wins the player. There is couple of offer-rounds, usually 4 in our league. But I quess your way would work too.

Will there be statistics on league web-page, like in Bliz?

I am interested of this and I know about 10 other coaches from our KOHL manager-league who would potentially be interested of this. How many coaches is max. on this?

What are default online rules?

You are planning to sim all games by yourself or does other coaches do that also?

I would like to know more info about drafting, how does coaches pick up those 3 teams, in which order etc. This is of course fast way to do drafting, but not so equal. In our league we have salaries on players and drafting is done by offering better salaries to players. Offers are done by same time, without knowing what other coaches offered, we have php-script for that. Biggest offer wins the player. There is couple of offer-rounds, usually 4 in our league. But I quess your way would work too.

Will there be statistics on league web-page, like in Bliz?

Default online rules are just Penalties on except offsides,and auto goalies over manual because it's demo. Drafting would be in a serpentine order so if you pick first you pick last next round. But your salary idea is great. I'll put together a site, make a price for each team, and get back to you. Siming is optional to let me watch or you and your opponent watch the game together over Hamachi. If you'd like to help that'd be great.

Instead of make a price for a team, maybe price for a each player? Would of course take more time to draft all players as in fantasy draft if we draft in turns. Thats why we did it at same time.

There is also possibility to stream games, so all can watch them as live and we could gather for example to irc-channel for commenting. Thats what we did in KOHL and it was fun.

What about injuries and suspensions? Any idea to fit those in?

Edited by Kiba

Instead of make a price for a team, maybe price for a each player? Would of course take more time to draft all players as in fantasy draft if we draft in turns. Thats why we did it at same time.

There is also possibility to stream games, so all can watch them as live and we could gather for example to irc-channel for commenting. Thats what we did in KOHL and it was fun.

What about injuries and suspensions? Any idea to fit those in?

I'd like people to take screenshot videos of games so those can be possible (Suspensions, Injurys, etc.) . Games would be put on youtube (Unlisted) so I can copy the link and put it on the site. And team prices are better to me because you can use AJ's line combos so you have some familiarity to your team.

Is there a way to check injuries on save state? For suspensions what we did in KOHL was that if player got 2 min penalty in situation where other player got injury, that caused suspension. We did randomly generate number of suspension games for that player. For recording games, isnt there a emulation version which saves all movement in game and it can be played back on emulator? I just remember that it was possible on some emulator.

Why should we use AJ's line combos? Isnt there possibility to make your own lines to games? How does team prices correlate to AJ's line combos and that way we have more familiarity to our teams? I dont understand the connection here...

Is there a way to check injuries on save state? For suspensions what we did in KOHL was that if player got 2 min penalty in situation where other player got injury, that caused suspension. We did randomly generate number of suspension games for that player. For recording games, isnt there a emulation version which saves all movement in game and it can be played back on emulator? I just remember that it was possible on some emulator.

Why should we use AJ's line combos? Isnt there possibility to make your own lines to games? How does team prices correlate to AJ's line combos and that way we have more familiarity to our teams? I dont understand the connection here...

many people use teams in classic and know there rosters by heart almost. Team prices are great because the better players you have on one team the worse players on the next team. I just think that having a team auction than merging the 2-3 teams a person pick together could lead to some interesting teams also. Think of mixing the Bruins with a lighter team. You'd have speedy payers, but also some players who have great stats and with weight bug fix, can pack a punch

I understand the way of picking first 3 team per GM is fast way to do draft. But I still wonder what is connection to AJ's lines? Can we decide our own lines or not?

I understand the way of picking first 3 team per GM is fast way to do draft. But I still wonder what is connection to AJ's lines? Can we decide our own lines or not?

You can decide your own lines if you want. I'd actually recommend Oilers' lines because this is weight bug fixed.

Ok, figure rules and other stuff ready and we will seen then what is the situation :)

Sometime tomorrow I'll post a registration thread for both leagues.