NHL'94 Forums

Gens P2P Hosting Trouble

Skeletor

Hello all,

I've been having some issues hosting games using gens. I seem to have no problems setting up the hamachi network and having people connect to it, but when I give them my ip and port #, they aren't able to connect to me in gens. I'm not using a router and I have turned off Windows firewall.

If anyone has any suggestions for anything that I can try please let me know. I would also appreciate it if someone could spare a few minutes and try to help me troubleshoot it over aim!

BTW - I did look in other threads, but they didn't help me either:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/15213-having-a-problem-hosting/?hl=hosting

Thanks in advance!

I can help you later today.

The port that Gens is using is also important. This is shown in the top left corner of the Netplay window. It is normally 27886. Both coaches have to be using the same port.

If you see me on as well, I'll be glad to help. Instead of turning off Windows Firewall, just allow GENS and Hamachi through. 90% of the connection issues I encounter with new folks is due to the firewall.

However, if you turn off your firewall, make sure you then close down GENS and hamachi and open them up again and host after you turn off your firewall.