NHL'94 Forums

What would you pay for a 1st edition factory sealed copy of Gens NHL94?

Hey guys,

I'm bidding out right now for a sealed copy and wanted to pose the question to the community.

This guy I'm negotiating with is asking $400. I love this game but that is outrageous... or maybe it isn't for some of you out there in 94 land.

Let me know what your highest offer would be.

Given this lot of sealed games that included NHL'94 sold for $50, I say that's a bit crazy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Sealed-Sega-Genesis-Games-NBA-JAM-NHL-96-College-Slam-Madden-93-Lmtd-1st-R-/190876019433?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2c7118eae9

However, that may have been a steal? I don't know anything about game collecting:

Most expensive sold items on ebay under "Genesis Factory Sealed" as of today:

Contra Hard Corps - $189.99

Beyond Oasis - $150.01

Sonic 2 - $109.99

General Chaos - $77.29

Revenge of Shinobi - $79.99

The Lost Vikings - $84.95

Lowest

Jeopardy - $1.84

College Football 2 - $5.99

Hang Time - $2.75

ATP Tennis - $4.00

I'd probably randomly continue to search and my max bid would be about $20.

unless there is a particular reason for wanting this thing, I suggest you stop bidding. $10 seems about right and $40 would be paying a bit too much. $400 is outrageous. is somebody else supposedly bidding close to that ridiculous amount?

unless there is a particular reason for wanting this thing, I suggest you stop bidding. $10 seems about right and $40 would be paying a bit too much. $400 is outrageous. is somebody else supposedly bidding close to that ridiculous amount?

EDIT: nm... sparing the site from long breakdown of the pun 'United State of Amorica' & asking whether or not you got the idea from Finnegans Wake. (But did you?)

Anyways... $40 seems fair. It's a 20 year old unopened game.

Edited by Wittgenstein

Some new games cost 70$ these days.

But it's all about what it's worth to you. It's basically useless, since you wouldn't open it. So all the value is in what it's worth as a collectible to you...

It's funny, because if i had it, I probably wouldn't sell it for 400$, but i also wouldn't buy it for 400$.

I still have my original cart in box with manual plus some other carts but I really want a sealed copy (to keep sealed). I countered at $150 but he wants $185 now. After reading through your responses I may lower my bid to $100 and see where it goes.

Thx for the feedback guys!