NHL'94 Forums

where the heck are the gens A coaches?

hokkeefan

dont worry ,this will be my last classic season,i get tooo angry,time to cut back

LOOL we all know this isnt true. you'll be back like always

Damn u hokke, ive sent u 1000 messages the past week to play our blitz preseason games and u didnt answere a single time...the community is dying and its all because of you, freakin bear killer hyppocrite!

I hear you man, a lot of people don't seem to want to play lately unless it's a league game. It's disenchanted me a bit, not the gung-ho guy I was when I first joined the site. So I cut back on going on IM looking for exhibitions. I'm like you, I'm not naturally gifted at this game like some, I have to play a lot to stay in game shape. I miss TK, he'd play all the time and playing him over n over upped one's own game.

Edited by Uncle Seth

I actually think he has a point with the league stuff. Almost everyone I've talked to only really does leagues, not exhibitions (or they play genesis :P). There are always a few people who completely kill the league momentum by not getting their games in. I almost think the community would be well served with a one-day tourney. That way you declare your eligibility before it starts, and if you don't show for game time, you forfeit.

Face it. People get older & life takes new turns. Computer games don't retain the same appeal for some when they hit their mid-20s leave college, get demanding jobs, get married, have kids.

Some guys still get online just to play league games but dont have time for exhibs, others commit to play leagues then dont follow through which is the one I really hate, but others just leave & are lost to the community.

The past couple of years some excellent A players have gone, and others now hold leagues up more than contribute to them. It's frustrating but I prefer to have a new dynamic where guys just turn up for leagues with commitment & don't exhi than leave all together.

This change shows up just how important Halifax's passjon to keep growing the community is & also how important its that all of us push the community on social media etc.

Apart from that, take an interest in helpin the noobs. Tell them ur secrets & play them as much az u can - keep them improving & coming back for more & we may get back to having 10-15 good players online playing exhibs every day like it was 3 or 4 yrars ago.

Don't complain about the vets losing interest. Make it do there's always a new batch coming through to replace them.

Whenever I'm online, nobody else is. Looking to get some games in this week 9-12 pm or so. (Eastern time)

Come back to B eggink. We still love you!!