NHL'94 Forums

Public Service Announcement

Ken

if kgman makes it into the playoffs - likely I think - he's winning the whole thing.

guy is nasty.

(course I was drunk last night and got whooped by Tick as well, but kgman is the only guy I've ever played who I thought was better than me)

if kgman makes it into the playoffs - likely I think - he's winning the whole thing.

guy is nasty.

(course I was drunk last night and got whooped by Tick as well, but kgman is the only guy I've ever played who I thought was better than me)

Excuse me, what?

You don't think I'm better than you????

Are you being medicated at this time? Are psychotropic substances ravaging your grey matter at this moment?

Here's how it goes in North America:

kgman > Tick, tk (HABS) > Ben > everyone else

Excuse me, what?

You don't think I'm better than you????

Are you being medicated at this time? Are psychotropic substances ravaging your grey matter at this moment?

Here's how it goes in North America:

kgman > Tick, tk (HABS) > Ben > everyone else

Tick you're a great player and you seem like a gentleman to boot, no disrespect intended, but no I don't think you're better than me. I think at any given time I could beat you 4/7 and vice versa (last night you whooped me good as I said).

ditto for Habs. I've played him a bunch of times and we've come out pretty even with me as Detroit and him as Canadians. with line changes he did kill me - w/o I might even have the edge. I dunno we are very close I think and he would probably vouch for me.

as for kgman, he was clearly better than me, and I thought I would be fortunate to win 2 games out of 7...that was what I was trying to say.

Tick you're a great player and you seem like a gentleman to boot, no disrespect intended, but no I don't think you're better than me. I think at any given time I could beat you 4/7 and vice versa (last night you whooped me good as I said).

ditto for Habs. I've played him a bunch of times and we've come out pretty even with me as Detroit and him as Canadians. with line changes he did kill me - w/o I might even have the edge. I dunno we are very close I think and he would probably vouch for me.

as for kgman, he was clearly better than me, and I thought I would be fortunate to win 2 games out of 7...that was what I was trying to say.

After reading this, I stand by my previous statement.

After reading this, I stand by my previous statement.

well there is only one way to settle this....

IT'S A WALK OFF!!!!

seriously, if you wanted to play a best of 15 or something, I'm down. I could play a few tonight, but then not again for maybe a week and a half

IT'S A WALK OFF!!!!

seriously, if you wanted to play a best of 15 or something, I'm down. I could play a few tonight, but then not again for maybe a week and a half

ooooooohhhh fiiiiiiiiiiiiight :D

yes kgman is very good but I have yet to play a game that wasnt hella lagged with him.. even though we both live in the same city, wierd.

i like best of 15s haha

IT'S A WALK OFF!!!!

My suggestion for settling this is to say that I am a better NHL '94 player than you.

I have beat Tickenest twice out of 2 games. I have beat kgman. Does this make me the best player in the universe?

Yes. If you are all drunk when I play you. Gin and tonics for everyone.

But really... kgman is good, and he is confident about his playing abilities (i.e. cocky), but he has flaws in his game like everyone else that just need to be taken advantage of. I don't think there is anyone in this league that stands out above the rest (although Calgary is scary... take a calculator and figure out his GAA), it is all about matchups.

I have beat Tickenest twice out of 2 games. I have beat kgman. Does this make me the best player in the universe?

Yes. If you are all drunk when I play you. Gin and tonics for everyone.

But really... kgman is good, and he is confident about his playing abilities (i.e. cocky), but he has flaws in his game like everyone else that just need to be taken advantage of. I don't think there is anyone in this league that stands out above the rest (although Calgary is scary... take a calculator and figure out his GAA), it is all about matchups.

Calgary:

88 GA in 33 games, average of 2.66 goals against/game.

Philadelphia:

101 GA in 39 games, average of 2.59 goals against/game.

And, for what it's worth, my 243 goals in 39 games (6.23 per game) are also the highest GF rate in the league.

And I do have 11 more points than you this season with a game in hand.

GG!

Calgary:

88 GA in 33 games, average of 2.66 goals against/game.

Philadelphia:

101 GA in 39 games, average of 2.59 goals against/game.

And, for what it's worth, my 243 goals in 39 games (6.23 per game) are also the highest GF rate in the league.

And I do have 11 more points than you this season with a game in hand.

GG!

All valid points, but as most would agree you are in the weaker of the 2 conferences. Plus not everyone agrees with running up the score on weaker opponents.

With that said, "the proof is in the pudding" Tickenests record speaks for itself.

I do have to give a shout out to Calgary though. He is tough to beat at home, but not so tough on the road. He smoked me like I have never been smoked before one game. Gotta love 94.

Can't wait for the playoffs.

All valid points, but as most would agree you are in the weaker of the 2 conferences.

Yeah, I'm probably in the weaker conference, but it's only the weaker conference for me, because I don't have to play myself.

ZING!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are a hoot.

See you (including kgman) in the playoffs. Assuming kgman rattles off a ton of wins and gets lucky when it comes to total points, which is entirely possible, since he has no more games scheduled against me.

ooooooohhhh fiiiiiiiiiiiiight :girl:

yes kgman is very good but I have yet to play a game that wasnt hella lagged with him.. even though we both live in the same city, wierd.

i like best of 15s haha

HABS I found out last night that you live in Toronto. isn't that some sort of sin to root for the Canadians?

I do have to give a shout out to Calgary though. He is tough to beat at home, but not so tough on the road. He smoked me like I have never been smoked before one game. Gotta love 94.

Can't wait for the playoffs.

yeah, I do think a lot of it is matchups. I noticed that SJ is 2-0 vs Calgary, and Detroit (me :girl:) is 2-0 vs Calgary, but Calgary has obliterated the rest of the league (26-3!!!). maybe we match up well against him, or maybe we both got lucky and he'll cream us next time around. dunno.

and last night Kgman beat me 10-1, easily the worst loss of my life as Detroit. there's something about his style I haven't been able to cope with.

also also, NHL is like a lot of other things where you can go into a slump. over the past couple of nights, I lost like 8 straight with Detroit - previous to this, my longest lifetime losing streak was probably 2 or 3 games.

it's a combination of me playing very tough opponents and me playing poorly.

also also, NHL is like a lot of other things where you can go into a slump. over the past couple of nights, I lost like 8 straight with Detroit - previous to this, my longest lifetime losing streak was probably 2 or 3 games.

it's a combination of me playing very tough opponents and me playing poorly.

I WAS ONE OF THE OPPONENTS HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG PWNED

As the infamous calgary, I may as well poke my head in on this conversation...

I feel like I've played very well this season, but anything can happen in the playoffs. I feel just about everyone who has participated in this thread can win the league if they get a few breaks in a best of 7 series. Just a bunch of very good players, so it's not like there is a big obvious difference between players.

Speaking personally, a lot of my success comes down to form at the time of the game. For instance, Ken pointed out my lousy record against him and SJ, being 0-4 against them, which is partly matchups, but also because those were the first four games I played of the season and I hadn't played NHL online in months. Since those games, he correctly pointed out I am 26-3. Same thing happened to me last season, as I had best regular season record in the leauge (24-6 I think), yet I was one period away from losing my first round playoff series 4 games to 1 because I hadn't played online in a month or so and was really rusty. Fortunately I righted the ship just in time and dominated the last 3 games of the series. HABS got the better of me in the finals, though obviously I have a much better team in calgary this season than being stuck with st louis last season.

Anyway, long story short, nothing is guaranteed here. Too many good players and NHL 94 can be so unpredictable on top of that. Should be fun....

(btw, never played kgman, so can't comment on his skills. given the buzz though, sounds like quite a player)

As the infamous calgary, I may as well poke my head in on this conversation...

I feel like I've played very well this season, but anything can happen in the playoffs. I feel just about everyone who has participated in this thread can win the league if they get a few breaks in a best of 7 series. Just a bunch of very good players, so it's not like there is a big obvious difference between players.

Speaking personally, a lot of my success comes down to form at the time of the game. For instance, Ken pointed out my lousy record against him and SJ, being 0-4 against them, which is partly matchups, but also because those were the first four games I played of the season and I hadn't played NHL online in months. Since those games, he correctly pointed out I am 26-3. Same thing happened to me last season, as I had best regular season record in the leauge (24-6 I think), yet I was one period away from losing my first round playoff series 4 games to 1 because I hadn't played online in a month or so and was really rusty. Fortunately I righted the ship just in time and dominated the last 3 games of the series. HABS got the better of me in the finals, though obviously I have a much better team in calgary this season than being stuck with st louis last season.

Anyway, long story short, nothing is guaranteed here. Too many good players and NHL 94 can be so unpredictable on top of that. Should be fun....

(btw, never played kgman, so can't comment on his skills. given the buzz though, sounds like quite a player)

I agree with just about everything you said here

All valid points, but as most would agree you are in the weaker of the 2 conferences. Plus not everyone agrees with running up the score on weaker opponents.

About running up the scores...

Playing as one of the weakest defensive teams out there (NYI - cant hit, starting goalie is a 43), you better believe I'm gonna run that score up if I can.

I'm all about it. You know why? You guys are too damn good. All of ya! Im sure you've all had games where you "THINK" you have a comfortable lead. Next thing you know you lose in OT. Gotta respect everyone's game. Regardless of who they are, or what team they are.

As long as goal differential is a tiebreaker, people (including myself) will attempt to score.

I really wish we could all sit down and play on console with no lag, no odd fram rates and just go at it to see who it really is. I still think the best players are tick, tk, backhand, crossbar and myself.

I really wish we could all sit down and play on console with no lag, no odd fram rates and just go at it to see who it really is. I still think the best players are tick, tk, backhand, crossbar and myself.

To be honest, I don't really understand why it's so important to see who is 'the best.' If the league has established anything, it's that no one is that much better than anyone else, and many games are decided simply by chance because the players are basically equally skilled. I really couldn't care less whether I am the best NHL 94 player in the world, 4th best, 17th best, or 89,176th best--I play the league because it's fun, not to prove anything.

To be honest, I don't really understand why it's so important to see who is 'the best.' If the league has established anything, it's that no one is that much better than anyone else, and many games are decided simply by chance because the players are basically equally skilled. I really couldn't care less whether I am the best NHL 94 player in the world, 4th best, 17th best, or 89,176th best--I play the league because it's fun, not to prove anything.

It's not important but in a competitive league I think it's fair game to discuss such a topic. I saw the thread so I figured I'd throw in my opinion. I agree I come here for 75% fun and about 25% for competitive gaming.

I PvP in World of Warcraft to strut my skills.

all this disscussion i feel its about time to Kg's 2 cents in ..........this obviosuly an escape for many people ....at end of the day it is a game but it is compettion and thats why i play ...u could only play the cpu so many times b4 u get sick of it i seek out competion to enjoy the game ...thats why manual galie is so important is stops me from repeatly beating you down with cheap goals there by proving my theory that there is no cheap goal in nhl94 unless u take the form of auto goalie .......u must use the tools available to u and master them like i have with aggrive D and dynamic offensive ability ......I have no question that Iam the best in North America and sure i may lose a game here or there but over time in best of 7 i will rarely lose ............as far as the best in world there one person in Finalnd who has master the position of manual goalie his name is wayler and only person thats i feel could beat me n best of 7 with regualrity but they 3 lines slower tempo hockey and shots are not as poweful and breakways are rare to say the least ...........with no lines Wayler has lost to me and been blown out as well even with manual goalie but no i have played here in North america has shown thatsame frustrating skill .............inclosing to each his own and enjoy game but I will bask in North American glory and stampede over all competion inthe playoffs ........Thank you and good night

yawwwwwwnn...

lets start these playoffs already

on another note please replace QUEBEC/ BUFFALO these guys are never on or in Buffalo's case he never wants to play...so i say get the f**k out please.

season is beginning to dragggg like a b***h

Hmm...sounds like LOSER talk to me. As Herman Edwards so eloquently put it, "YOU PLAY...TO WIN...THE GAME!"

ywned

Well if all this talk about being the best isn't enough to get your s**t together and prepare for the playoffs, I don't know what is. It's def going to be an intense playoffs... and sorry for posting in here with a poor league record.

We've already started working on next season, so lets get this season done! I have contacted Quebec since he seems to have disappeared and didn't know Buffalo wasn't playing (he played a game 3 days ago).

I can def tell you this: Next season WILL consist of 2 levels of leagues.. an A and a B where the A guys are the "top" players and the B are the rookie/2nd tier players. Based on what I've seen, I will be deciding who goes where for Gens, while Mat will help with the Snes. Also, leagues will NOT contain more than 20 teams, making sure no one has to be a crappy team (unless they choose to). More on the next season rules soon.

-Evan