NHL'94 Forums

Hokkeefan done with 94

hokkeefan

I have told you guys who run these lgs over the years how to keep these lgs going strong and how to deal with the slackers who kill the lgs and now its the start of the death of 94 .I havent seen it this dead in all the time ive been here as hokkeefan and before that as some other guys. I REFUSE to sit around waiting 6 months for lgs to complete or even just get fricken going, The spark is even gone for classic 94. Ive seen this happen to other classic gaming sites, anyways no one listens around here and no one cares about guys dragging lgs on forever and not teaching all the spoiled children around here some discipline ,SO f**k YA ALL ,IM RETIRING from this pathetic bullshit,you guys all ruined it for alot of us guys who are active, I dont know why the rest of you will just sit by and wait months n months for the lg killin bastards. Besides about 8 of you active dedicated coaches and the guys who did take some advice from me... ,all the rest of you can KISS MY ASS !!!!!

Im not coming back so take me out of all of the leagues I am in.

see you soon.

I have told you guys who run these lgs over the years how to keep these lgs going strong and how to deal with the slackers who kill the lgs and now its the start of the death of 94 .I havent seen it this dead in all the time ive been here as hokkeefan and before that as some other guys. I REFUSE to sit around waiting 6 months for lgs to complete or even just get fricken going, The spark is even gone for classic 94. Ive seen this happen to other classic gaming sites, anyways no one listens around here and no one cares about guys dragging lgs on forever and not teaching all the spoiled children around here some discipline ,SO f**k YA ALL ,IM RETIRING from this pathetic bullshit,you guys all ruined it for alot of us guys who are active, I dont know why the rest of you will just sit by and wait months n months for the lg killin bastards. Besides about 8 of you active dedicated coaches and the guys who did take some advice from me... ,all the rest of you can KISS MY ASS !!!!!

Im not coming back so take me out of all of the leagues I am in.

Can you submit your retirement in a formal letter?

Seriously? Drinking on a Tuesday night?!

The one thing Hokkee is right about is that maybe guys who aren't meeting their deadlines should be treated a bit more strictly, but as we have discussed in one of Hokkee's other drunken threads, the community is just changing. It won't die. The game is too great & there are too many people who won't leave any time soon.

Maybe in 5 years from now Classic will just be one league, GDL style, who knows, but it ain't gonna die. People like Hokkee, King, Eggink, Sicarius, Me, ProBob & others show no sign of checking out & then there are newer guys like Plabax & Tomkabs who are just getting started. Every classic we have a few new guys that come in too.

It may shrink a bit, & the A league structure may change as needs be but there's always going to be a community. The fact that a lot of you guys are recent college students or younger that have grown up in the next gen console age but are still playing this great old game is proof of that.

Like I said before, search out more noobs with enthusiasm & keep exhibing with them instead of stressing out about the vets who aren't as committed anymore, and leave the mods to maybe get a bit tougher with MIAs instead of just finishing the season with 15 DNPs.

Just get your head around it Hokkee & get ready for Blitz! It's not fair to have expected Blitz to have started already with all the prep, draft, website, rom etc that has to be done first. Me personally i'm loving exhibing with my team & excitedly anticipating the start of the league. If it was all done & dusted in 2 months from draft to finals it wouldn't be half as special.

I just started and its a blast. Once more people find out about the website and want to relive their childhood days like me, I'm sure the site will still thrive. I even have mentioned it to guys at work. We play at lunchtime on an original sega console and once I mentioned it to them they were ecstatic and very interested. I'm in for the long haul!

Yeah, I don't think hokkee has updated his AIM list in years. So looking for jrod, Carse, HABS, etc is not working, but as mentioned, there's always new guys that I see online plenty of times -- Blitzburgh, meaneyac, gintron, crash, jagr68, billydice, redbonzai, jackandjose, etc -- that are all good buds looking to play games.

I'd ignore most of hokkee's rants.

As a solution to league slackers, I think that similar to ones global ranking - there should be a leagueplay ranking as well. Based simply on completed games/seasons in every league. Essentially, it could be used when recruiting - if your leagueplay ranking is poor and another player signs up with a better ranking you'd get bumped until eventually you are on the waiting list.

While I'd wish he'd stay, I understand his reasoning for throwing in the towel. Hope Hokkee at least stays on AIM and does some exhibitions occasionally though.

Hok, do you have that 2nd game we played saved somewhere, to upload?

Edited by Uncle Seth

Hey,

The fact is that we have all a job or something to do in the real life, it's not easy sometime to be there and play, specially in the middle of the week...

I try to always play my games, but sometimes the timing is just impossible to respect.

I can just encourage Hockeefan to run is own league and see that this is hard to manage.

Maybe a new league with ultra motived players should be run...