NHL'94 Forums

sega or snes

what's up with the face man? the sega version kicks SOOOO much more ass than the snes version. in my opinion the snes is slower and less fun...but that's just me....egg loves her genesis... :D

Snes for me. I don't like the graphics, sounds nor the amateurish gameplay of the genesis nhl94 version. I'd much rather play EA Hockey, at least it's a bit charming. ^^ Actually I don't see any similarity between the snes and genesis versions of nhl94. It's quite obvious that genesis is the majority choice, though there seems to have stumbled in quite a few snes players lately.

what's up with the face man? the sega version kicks SOOOO much more ass than the snes version. in my opinion the snes is slower and less fun...but that's just me....egg loves her genesis... :girl:

I still don't understand what peoples fascination with the genesis version is. Its too quick, like NHL 95 (BLEECH!) Where is the control? Its very jittery like NHLPA 93. If you have any doubts just check out these passing plays:

(same as before)

Then tell me you can play with such precision on the genesis.

i think that those people who like the snes version just dont like a good challenge...if you like the EASIER version that's fine by me i happen to LIKE a good challenge :girl:

The Super NIntendo is the better version and I've played them both many times.

I don't think the Super Nintendo is easier it seems like more of a challenge there are more buttons for the Super Nintendo.

The Genesis game flow isn't as smooth as Super Nintendo.

Left and Right defence control Genesis doesn't have it.

X button to be the goalie a lot better than having to push two buttons at once like the Genesis. *weird*.

I'm a huge fan of Swingers the movie and if Vince likes the NHL94 for Genesis I give it respect.Even thou he scored a cheap behind the net come out front goal with Jeremy Roenick.

But if anybody trys that online I'll pick my goalie and rob you ass!! NHL94 has complete control like bubble table hockey.

Blade Of Steel: still rocks: yet to deke it in you have to pass it into the net.

PS2 NHL HITS PRO: I liked the graphic and faceoffs but the goalie control sucks.

If they could join both NHL94 and HITS PRO.What a game that would be.

It would be cool to add music during the whistle breaks like I thought the next PS2 NHL HITS PRO was going to do but it ended up not ever coming out with a game.What gives?

I wish me and Case and a few other's could work for EA and improve on NHL94. :girl:

post-269-1152617036.jpg

PS2 NHL HITS PRO: I liked the graphic and faceoffs but the golie control sucks.

If they could join both NHL94 and Hits Pro.What a game that would be.

It would be cool to add music during the whistle breaks like I thought the next Hits Pro was going to do but ended up not ever coming out with a game.

Best game since nhl 94. I love, love, love HITZ Pro.

Best game since nhl 94. I love, love, love HITZ Pro.

Yep NHL Hitz Pro is really great. Although it quickly gets into a loop imo... In NHL 94, still today I score "new" goals ;) It just never stop being interesting. Regarding the speed of the games, I don't agree with NHL 95 (gen) being too fast like everyone says, I like the speed of it, if only the AI put up a challange it might have had some longevity for me...

I don't know what you mean by one version being easier than the other but... AI wise, genesis is obviously far easier, controller wise I guess snes is "easier", since you have separate buttons for more functions and all that. One gameplay feature I'd like from gen nhl95 is the drop-pass, man that'd rule in NHL94! :girl:

As for snes nhl95, I don't like it a bit... As a matter of fact, snes nhl94 is the only nhl game I play on snes, and it's the best hockey game I've ever played, odd... As for all the other games previous to 98 (where PSX was awesome to my recolection) my choice goes to genesis for all games except nhl94.

My preference goes to the Genesis (Mega Drive :girl: ) version personally. It seems more polished on the whole and I like the game being slightly quicker (I even use the 'region-change' workaround in Gens to have it 17% faster).

Other than these facts, checking on the SNES version seems much easier, with players going down faster than Juventus' market value, and the atmosphere is almost non-existent; where are the boos when the away team scores a goal, for instance? It's like you just walked into a morgue. Also, the slower pace of shooting makes executing crushing slapshots seem less appealing on the whole.

Saying this, the Genesis version isn't perfect either, taking into account issues such as passing being highly unreliable (mentioned previously in this thread) and there being less animations on goalkeepers and players alike. However, I do feel a marriage of some of the features from both versions would be a great thing.

As for the AI issue, at least the matter with goalies being too easy is resolved somewhat with ROM edits. Beats having to play against Chicago or Montreal all the time for any kind of challenge with scoring.