NHL'94 Forums

Fall'13 Playoff Scenarios

kingraph

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is cutoff time on Mon. Nov. 11?

no hard cut off time.i think chaos closes it off when he wakes up the following morning.

Final day to play today!

GENS A -- Not sure if Witt replaced his busted laptop, but he can still make a run at the playoffs. Egg also has a shot, but it seems unlikely either will play tonight.

GENS B -- ONE GAME remaining, but it's Witt -- see above.

GENS C - Extremely disappointing results from Orangeblack and Billydice. Both continued to reassure me throughout the season that they would play, but they managed to just get slightly over half their games played. Still have today to prove me wrong, but disappointing nonetheless. The rest of you guys rock!...looking forward to seeing how the playoffs shake out.

GENS D - The return of the 20 game season and first since I've been around the '94 world. Seems like a success! Thanks to veteran replacement players like dcicon, mav, begley, brutus, and jackandjose! Glad to see the return of addisonbr and gretzkyonacold! And extra thanks to the new and awesome players like skeletor, mbobbyhall, meaneyac, huachiman, chefstar, Gintron, Blitzburgh, Crash, habsoholic and seano! Good luck to all who made the playoffs and hope to see the folks who didn't return for another shot next time!

SNESA1 - Considerable amount of games left! We could see some playoff seeds switch around and some of the other buds can still make it!

SNESA2 - Northway boasts the highest win%, but is sitting in the 5th seed. Couple more games to go and the seedings will shift a lot!

SNES C - Great job managing to convert 3 GENS players to SNES! (kingraph, freydey, and jackandjose!). Still some games to be played...if anyone can make that happen, it's C4!

SNES E - Good luck Chaos! I'm rooting for you bud!

Gens D has been great in terms of the amount of noobs we've seen stickin around & playin out the season. The 20 game format is a big factor in that i'm sure. Hopefully we've now got the next batch of regular commited, enthisiastic players there.

20 game leagues a big succes for sure. Congrats to the mods

Thanks LA Robbie and Kingraph. It has been a blast and can't wait for playoffs. Best Google search for NHL '94 I ever came upon haha. I'm in for the long haul for as long as this site goes on!

Standings are final!

GENS finished with 91% games played, and from what I hear there were a few games that weren't uploaded due to .... forgetfulness? :unsure:

SNES tops that with 95%!! And overall we completed 93% of the regular season games...that's a total of 1,334 games logged! Nice!

Chaos will be updating the nhl94online.com page for the playoffs, which will probably happen after the weekend. I made an assumption there, based on history. :)

However, you don't have to wait for the site...please try to schedule your playoff games as soon as you can. You can save the savestates and upload them when the site is ready.

Remember, use the PLAYOFF ROM. It has a 99 minute OT to avoid ties. In case you don't have it, you can download it from the nhl94online.com downloads section:

GENS

SNES

Or in this thread.

GOOD LUCK!

Gens D has been great in terms of the amount of noobs we've seen stickin around & playin out the season. The 20 game format is a big factor in that i'm sure. Hopefully we've now got the next batch of regular commited, enthisiastic players there.

20 game leagues a big succes for sure. Congrats to the mods

Agreement!

nhl94online.com isn't working... can't upload games.

chaos is just working on the site and had to take it down for a while...he'll have the playoffs up as soon as he can.

SPOILER: Boston moves on past San Jose 4-2 in the series in SNES-C.

I'd upload the states to sea-hag for now, but I don't see freydey on the list. Boston dominated most of the series, though. SJ couldn't keep up with the chunkiness

Hmm, I didn't realize the first round was best of 5. We did it best of 7 in standard NHL format (@Bos, @Bos, @SJ, @SJ, @Bos, @SJ .. end of series, but it would've been back to Boston if I had won). On best of 5 he would've won 3-0, however he also had 2 home games to start. I'm not sure how you want to handle the game uploads for it..

edit: for clarity's sake, it went like this:

Game 1 @ Boston, Boston won

Game 2 @ Boston, Boston won

Game 3 @ SJ, Boston won

Game 4 @ SJ, SJ won

Game 5 @ Bos, SJ won

Game 6 @ SJ, Boston won

Edited by marchawg

Hmm, I didn't realize the first round was best of 5. We did it best of 7 in standard NHL format (@Bos, @Bos, @SJ, @SJ, @Bos, @SJ .. end of series, but it would've been back to Boston if I had won). On best of 5 he would've won 3-0, however he also had 2 home games to start. I'm not sure how you want to handle the game uploads for it..

edit: for clarity's sake, it went like this:

Game 1 @ Boston, Boston won

Game 2 @ Boston, Boston won

Game 3 @ SJ, Boston won

Game 4 @ SJ, SJ won

Game 5 @ Bos, SJ won

Game 6 @ SJ, Boston won

I'd just upload the first 3. The 5 game series format is 2-2-1, so that works.

AWWWW YEAH SWEEPER BABY

EDIT: imagine if you would have came back from that 3-0 lead....without knowing those were best of 5 lol..i would have let you pass tho, cause im a gentleman

Edited by Freydey

From http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/15659-fall-2013-classic-season-has-begun/

Playoffs

Playoff series will be best-of-7 for 40 game leagues, best-of-5 for 20 game leagues.

Sorry, we should have re-posted this in the "SNES teams assigned and playoff format" topic.

First 3 games won't work, since SJ actually had home advantage by being the higher seed (2).

I would do Games 3, 4, 1, 2. 3-1 series win for BOS