NHL'94 Forums

NHL'14 by Clockwise ROM

kingraph

The ultimate ROM update by Clockwise is now available! All the information below is directly from his site: www.pixelpuck.com

I take no credit for any of this, I'm just posting the ROM on the forums to make it easier for everyone to download.

DOWNLOAD THE ROM HERE: nhl14.bin

FEATURES:

• 780 meticulously rated, NHL players for the regular season.
  • All of the off-season trades and acquisitions.
  • Player ratings based on last season statistics, and this seasons projections.
  • 26 man rosters. 15 forwards, 8 defensemen, and 3 goalies.
  • Line configurations for the regular season. [Left Wing Lock]
  • Team rating projections for the regular season: home ice advantage
  • (home PTS %), road warrior rating (away PTS %), special teams (PP% –
  • PPGF, and PK% – PKGAA), offensive prowess (GF/G and GF), defensive
  • stoutness (GAA) [EARE].
  • New control read method. Goalie control is now mapped to the (Y) button. Controls must be calibrated to the 6 button configuration to use this feature. [SpritesMind]
  • Refined system that narrows attribute increments for more accurate player ratings.
  • NHL14 splash screens.
  • NHL14 logo for the Zamboni and team selection.
  • NHL14 timer logo.
  • Player card portraits for every skater and goalie.
  • Updated uniform palette, two separate swatches for lids and a hue for pin stripes.
  • Remastered sprite fields with updated skater and goalie sprites. [Sprite Patch]
  • 2013-14 Uniforms [HUDB].
  • Trapezoid crease and improved nets.
  • New font.
  • Checking – speed burst multiplier adjustment.
  • Adjusted fatigue meters.
  • Hot – cold ratings fix.
  • Weight bug fix.
  • Assist bug fix.
  • Puck-drop organ tunes have been matched to the correct teams
  • A longer, louder, different sounding goal horn that more closely resembles the ones used in current NHL arenas [YT].

a5s3.png

qgwc.png

wbe8.png

t2am.png

d5mo.png

Only thing I don't like about the clockwise roms is the lack of player speed (Most speedster's have a 4 speed rating in his roms, one or two guys get 5) and the lack of shot power (Same deal as the speed) which makes for very slow build up, deliberate games.

It does give it more of a simulation feel though as opposed to Classic's run & gun more arcadey style.

Visually the clockwise roms are masterpieces though & definitely the best looking versions of the game anywhere..............even including snes Trudatman!

Clockwise is a legend. Hats off to him

Edited by LA Robbie

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to ask, but I really can't run this game on any emulator. It just freezes the emulator. I can easily run all the other NHL94 roms i've find and also the User Friendly Edition which is somehow based on Clockwise's rom or something? I've tried patching the rom with LunarIPS and I really would like to play this version of NHL94. I am using 64-bit Win 7. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to ask, but I really can't run this game on any emulator. It just freezes the emulator. I can easily run all the other NHL94 roms i've find and also the User Friendly Edition which is somehow based on Clockwise's rom or something? I've tried patching the rom with LunarIPS and I really would like to play this version of NHL94. I am using 64-bit Win 7. Any help would be appreciated.

I just tried it and it works fine on the GENS emulator. Are you using the download from the original post? You don't need to patch anything.

• 2 weeks later...

HELP! I can play the game but can NEVER, on any ROM for Genesis, CONTINUE a playoff game- it ALWAYS gives me Ducks vs Ducks after the first playoff game I play. Can anyone help please? I am using a Mac and have the Genesis plus ROM. Any help is much appreciated!

Edited by Winnipeg Luigi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First off, thank you so much for creating this ROM! It's been hours of fun for me! I do have one question though--when I do a new playoffs..it's always the same 2 teams facing off in round 1...(philly vs Tampa, DAL vs COLUMBUS)--is there a way to change the team matchups in round 1? I have toggled left and right repeatedly..thank you for any help!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Actually new lines and new players are piece of cake. As for the skills we could use the ratings from trudatman's rom (if he agrees on it) or nhl 14, because calculating ratings based on nhl.com statistics are a bit difficult

Edited by Kashim