NHL'94 Forums

Puck Dynasty Player Stats

Hello puck dynasty super buds,

I've attached an excel file for all 6 seasons and I've amended the play contract section so now you can sign a player that is in the game each year for the full 6 seasons.

"Contracts for player can be one to six years."

Some special thanks go out to the following buds....

Vocally Caged : He pioneered this idea for genesis and spent a lot of time doing the 94-98 stats. I've borrowed his idea with his kind blessing and incorporated some of my own amendments to the league (like cap incentives). Thanks super voc bud.

Dadonch: He had incorporated the 93 stats. so thanks to him for that!

Kingraph: I can't say thanks enough for this bud. I asked for some help, told him what I needed done, and he converted all of the stats so that they work for 94.

Chaos: This super bud is gonna set up the site on nhl94online.com for us!

Just some notes about the excel sheet. You'll look at the ratings for the 'converted' tables for each season.

Que, Har and Wpg in the later seasons are simply colorado, carolina and phoenix. I didn't bother converting the team names.

If you happen to spot an error in the excel file...report them in this thread. I'll start the bidding process next sunday. I'll provide more info on that later.

Get in your GM mode now!

93-98 SNES conversions.xls.zip

Just confirming the buds who have downloaded the player stats excel attachment...ill update as I go.

Fank

Kashim

pondhcky1

jbalicki10 (superdude99)

marchawg (wambo)

a conversation with fank just inquiring about the spread sheet (convo edited to get main points)

fank009: (2:42:11 PM) WHY IS THERE NO OVERALL FOR 94 and onwards???
fank009: (2:42:13 PM) ???!!!???

Halifax: (2:43:24 PM) the overall was done by dadonch for 93, voc did 94-98 with the ratings only. I think we'd manually have to go in and look at each rating to add it. I wasn't prepared to do that at this time.

fank009: (2:43:42 PM) :/

Halifax: (2:43:57 PM) agreed...would've been nice

fank009: (2:44:02 PM) you got a universal formula I can use ???

Halifax: (2:44:40 PM) I think dadonch went in and imputed them manually.
Halifax: (2:45:18 PM) my recommendation...just take the row of the attributes that are important to you....then sum them and divide by that number to giver yourself a "score"
Halifax: (2:45:37 PM) it wont be an exact overall...but it'll give you an idea
Halifax: (2:46:04 PM) then just copy and paste the formula

Couple of things..

1. I can add all the overall ratings as I have the formula. -- It is not manually inputted :D

2. Vocally Caged did not extract the rosters correctly. You can see that he did not change the "Forwards" value in NOSE so some forwards end up showing as defensemen and vice versa.

Edited by PlabaxV2

Couple of things..

1. I can add all the overall ratings as I have the formula. -- It is not manually inputted :D

2. Vocally Caged did not extract the rosters correctly. You can see that he did not change the "Forwards" value in NOSE so some forwards end up showing as defensemen and vice versa.

- Can you pass the formula here, im too lazy to wait for hali to update it :P

Also, off topic, is there a way to tell handedness???

Edited by fank009

Couple of things..

1. I'll leave that to you if you want to do that. I'm sure the coaches in the league would appreciate it. If you decide to go ahead with it, you can post the file here and I'll follow up with every coach to ensure they get it.

2. I talked to voc about this and he did mention it to me before hand. I wasn't too concerned about it since I think guys are savvy enough to who's a dman and who's a forward.....unless what you're telling me is that the ratings for those players are incorrect.

love how it opened up and had patrick roy hlgh lighted - my kinda spread sheet!

Haha...I happened to notice that hextall was stil in 97 and 98. Voc told me that he had to go in to manually change the goalie and figures he simply just missed this one. So I copied Roys stats from 96. It's Roy, he's awesome every season.

- Can you pass the formula here, im too lazy to wait for hali to update it :P

Also, off topic, is there a way to tell handedness???

You are an impatient bud. ;)

Side note: I may push back the bidding start date a bit. I'm gonna follow up with each coach to ensure they have the file first...answer any questions they may have about it (and of course confirm they still want to play).....then I'll set a bidding start date.

Something I didn't know that voc tipped me on.: Mario Lemieux didn't play in the 94-95 NHL season but they still left him in the game.

Soooooo......you can bid on mario for a 6 year contract....BOOM!

• 2 years later...

Not sure if you guys are aware, but there are a lot of players with their handedness and other values messed up after NHL '94. For example, NHL '95 messed up some stickhandling values, and I think NHL '97 and NHL '98 have a bunch of left-handed players as right and vice versa.