NHL'94 Forums

Your '94 Dream Team

Seano7302

This forum is where you can put together a 94 Dream Team of INGAME players (JR, Gretzky, etc) together for an Everyone All Star Team. The first 25 entries will go into a rom where all the teams are composed of the players you choose.

My Team

Line 1

Oates-Lemieux-Bure

This line is unique because at first it looks like the Eastern Conference All Stars Line 1, but then Bure the speedster is playing the off wing so he can get shots on net easier.

Line 1 D

Bourque-Chelios

Just a standard dream team defense. Nothing special.

Line 2

Robataille-Gilmour-Hull

I put Gilmour at center because he is a very good player who can cause damage. Robataille is a player who to me can put a game out of hand if needed, and Hull is speedy, and has a great shot.

Line 2 D

Lafrate-Coffey

I think this is a line that can do damage with Lafrate's Shot Power of 6 (99) and Coffey's high offensive stats such as SH, Agility, and Speed, he can be a commanding offensive force. And the only reason he isn't with Bourque is becausenin my opinion, Lafrate is a perfect line mate for Coffey.

Goalie

1. Fuhr

2. Roy

3. Belfour.

The reason I have Fuhr infront is because his stats are more well rounded. Less 6's and 4's and more 5's and 5's. And Belfour is just to over rated. Without Chicago or the All Star team, he could give up around 6 goals a game online.

Send your rosters!

Line 1

Fleury-Roenick-Bure

Great combination of speed, checking, and shooting. Should be able to put up a ton of points, while taking care of their own end.

Line 1 D

Sweeney-Bourque

No need to look outside of Boston for the best defense combo in the game.

Line 2

Selanne-Yzerman-Mogilny

Similar to the first line, but a little less grit.

Line 2 D

Chelios-Housley

The biggest question mark here is Housley. I normally find that his skating allows him to recover from his offensive rushes, but against quicker dream teams he might not be able to recover in time. Hopefully, Chelios' defensive awareness will allow him to compensate for Housley.

Line 3

Broten-Ronning-Lafontaine

A checking line that should supply a fair bit of offense

Line 3 D

Svoboda-Leetch

Goalie

1. Roy

2. Belfour

3. Fuhr

Not much to say here.

~~~

Weight Bug Fixed Team:

Line 1
Hull-Lemieux-Bure

Line 1 D
Blake-Bourque

Line 2
Neely-Yzerman-Mogilny

Line 2 D
Coffey-Zalapski

Line 3
Gartner-Messier-Tikkanen

Line 3 D
Patrick-Iafrate

Goalie

1. Roy

2. Belfour

3. Fuhr

Edited by Skeletor

Can't believe no one has started this thread before! Great idea. Have based my team on the Gens version using the weight bug fix rom........If it's Classic i'm getting killed with this team!

Sc1:

LW: Hull - Size, enough speed & that brutal slapper

C: Lemieux - Really no other choice if you've got the pick of the rom! Weight, skating, passing, awesome shot

RW: Mogilny - Ultimate speedster & sniper

LD: McSorley - Probably a surprise, but I want Marty staying home busting heads while Bourque is off running offence. No need for another offensive D here

RD: Bourque - What can you say? Should be playing at C with his size, speed & skills!

G: Roy - Edging out Belfour

Sc2:

LW: Ciccarelli - My new favourite right handed slapper after drafting him for Blitz

C: Neely - Combination of skills as well as power to help out the little guys on the wings

RW: Bure - 2nd Ultimate speedster & sniper?

LD: Blake - Dominant on D with great skills to keep up with the rest of the team

RD: Iafrate - Booming shot & monstrous ability on D

G: Belfour - Edging out Fuhr

Chk: (Going all out here & putting in the full 3 lines. Based on defending the lead)

LW: Lindros - Going to physically dominate at both ends of the ice & will grab a bunch coming off the LW with his awesome slappers & 1timers

C: Messier - Busting heads all over the place, playmaking & grabbing a few goals too

RW: Tikkanen - 5 checking heavy skilled speedster. Perfect for this line to win it then hit them on the counter!

LD: Hatcher - 12 weight, enough speed, brilliant skills

RD: Steve Smith - 11 weight, enough speed, brilliant skills

G: Fuhr - Edging out Barrasso

Honourable mentions: Yzerman could come in on the left in lines 1 or 2. Coffey for Iafrate on Sc2?

Edited by LA Robbie

Hmmm

Forwards

Fleury-Yzerman-Bure

Mogilny-Gilmour-Gartner

Probert-Roberts-Thomas

Defence

Bourque- Sweeney

Smith-Maclinnis

Stevens-Schneider

Goalies

Billy Ranford

Andy Moog

Cool idea. As long as we're making it Weight Bug Fixed GENS (with the Y button goalie control hack! http://pixelpuck.com/?p=1778):

Line 1:

Yzerman - Lemieux - Mogilny

Bourque - Coffey

Line 2:

Messier - Roenick - Bure

Iafrate - Chelios

Goalies:

Roy

Belfour

Hasek

EDIT: Weight Bug Fix Dream Team:

Line 1:

Yzerman - Roenick - Bure

Sweeney - Housley

Line 2:

Fleury - Selanne - Gretzky

Leetch - Chelios

Goalies:

Roy

Belfour

Hasek

---------------------

is messier any good with the weight bug fix?

Yes. He still doesn't have an amazing shot but he's big and fast and has good awareness so he's usually in position. Also he's a deadly passer.

Edited by Bo Knows NHL94

You should really post whether it's weight bug fixed or not because that changes things .

It's both. I'm gonna make 2. Edited by Seano7302

Is it just 2 lines or the full 3?

I don't care. I'll make a third line out of those 10 players if you do two.