NHL'94 Forums

Snes puck dynasty bidding process - season 1

halifax

The bidding will start sunday.

When bidding, you must start with a bid of 1 million for each player and increase your bid in 1 million dollar increments only.

How to bid:

State the amount you want to pay him each year and then list the amount of years you want him for.

Example: 20 million/2years....this means you are paying him 20 million for each season and you signed him for two years. It would NOT mean 20 million divided by 2 years = 10 million per season.

I don't want to try and work out averages....so just state the amount per season and for how many seasons. The highest dollar value wins the bid...the number of years is not a tie breaker or winner its only for how many years you want him and that's it.

Ex. 10 million/1 year beats 9 million/6 years because is the dollar amount per season is the highest.

You can go higher than a one million increase on each bid if you choose.

ex. last bid was 3 million, you can bid 4 million if you want, or to go higher faster, you can bid 10 million.

It's possible that two people could submit a bid around the same time for the same amount. Whoever has their post first would be the leader. The coach after would have to amend his bid. I'll be the "referee" on this and advise on any close scenarios.

I will have 20-30 players to bid on starting sunday. The starting amounts for those players are 5 million to start. I kept the first group of players small so I can monitor to ensure everyone understands and is bidding correctly. Once I feel confident that everyone understands...then I'll make a post and it will be a "free for all" to start other threads and bid on your preferred players.

After 24 hours without any bids....I'll declare a winner and I'll close the thread.

Thanks!

In addition, I would welcome the help if someone wanted to keep track of the salary cap for each coach and the players they won bids on to complete their roster.

If not, I was prepared to do it anyways...but it would help me out while I'm sorting through bids.

Let me know if you would like to help out in this regard.

In addition, I would welcome the help if someone wanted to keep track of the salary cap for each coach and the players they won bids on to complete their roster.

If not, I was prepared to do it anyways...but it would help me out while I'm sorting through bids.

Let me know if you would like to help out in this regard.

I'll help...let's discuss offline.

I made this easy spreadsheet for Sungod and Voc's dynasty I'd be happy to help out or you can just use it if you want. Just change the numbers in the formulas for salary cap and you'd be set.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-G9dUToXaljVXVraXRJaGJreDg/edit?usp=sharing

I stole the idea from modified Bo's spreadsheet for the SNES league:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AsGAzpWFo9T7dEszWjVYRkFzSndxTlRuRnpvWEhzcWc&gid=0

There's also a "Quick Summary" you can click on to see how the entire league stands via the cap.

I will be adding another sheet that will show you Top Paid Players...F/D/G, etc. It'll all be automatic.

This would be cool to do for us GENS folk!

This would be the third "Dynasty" league where coaches buy players for salary. The first two were on Genesis and both unfortunately died before the 2nd year could start. http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/forum/83-general-discussion/

I stole the idea from modified Bo's spreadsheet for the SNES league:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AsGAzpWFo9T7dEszWjVYRkFzSndxTlRuRnpvWEhzcWc&gid=0

There's also a "Quick Summary" you can click on to see how the entire league stands via the cap.

I will be adding another sheet that will show you Top Paid Players...F/D/G, etc. It'll all be automatic.

Man thanks a lot! I've pm'd all the guys the link and ask them to book mark.

This would be the third "Dynasty" league where coaches buy players for salary. The first two were on Genesis and both unfortunately died before the 2nd year could start. http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/forum/83-general-discussion/

Unfortunately Dynasty is the perfect example of where the problems lie in the GENS half of the community & the changing dynamic. GDL & Blitz are the only GENS leagues that are going to get near completing now as the top A players don't have the year-round commitment now & will just pick & choose what they play in.

Dynasty will only be a success if some of the noobs continue their commitment & then people like Plabax accept that the quality of the league won't be top drawer. Forget about any dynasty league made up of the vets who were constantly playing 3 or 4 years ago

Unfortunately Dynasty is the perfect example of where the problems lie in the GENS half of the community & the changing dynamic. GDL & Blitz are the only GENS leagues that are going to get near completing now as the top A players don't have the year-round commitment now & will just pick & choose what they play in.

Dynasty will only be a success if some of the noobs continue their commitment & then people like Plabax accept that the quality of the league won't be top drawer. Forget about any dynasty league made up of the vets who were constantly playing 3 or 4 years ago

Why is my name in your example? My idea of a dynasty league never had anything to do with "vets" and "top-drawer" quality, go find the right person and edit your post.