NHL'94 Forums

Fighting in '94?

jer_33

Just curious if anyone has gone down this road? Are the fighting penalties just legacy code (carried over from '93)? Has code simply been added to suppress fights in '94? Can we find the fight switch?

Smoz, Clockwise, and everybody else that does hacking came to the conclusion that fights were totally taken out of 94.

Somebody had an interesting idea about hacking one timers, goalie control, A-button dumps etc into 93, but that might be an even more impossible task.

The fighting sprites/animations were removed completely due to the NHL not giving permission for fights to be in I believe?

What I will go to my grave stating is that in the mega CD version there was one of those "left, left, B, right, A" cheat codes you could put in on the start-up screen to get to a hidden menu which allowed you to turn blood on when there was an injury. Me & my friends never played without it.

Sadly all my google searches to find that code have failed to turn up any results. The secret seems lost to the world forever!

Play 93!

Really if you could just make the goalies better.

I have grown to love 94 because of this site, but one timers are not what makes it better playing against another person.

It is that the goalies are tougher.

I am working on/wondering about a 93 rom where the goalies could not be so easily deked and hence make the 93 more fun.

just forget about it this will never happen! Nhl94 is useless game that nobody cares about. I would rather smoke crack with Rob Ford mayor of my great city. I didnt vote for him cause I never vote but he has inspired me to do so!! #fucknhl94

just forget about it this will never happen! Nhl94 is useless game that nobody cares about. I would rather smoke crack with Rob Ford mayor of my great city. I didnt vote for him cause I never vote but he has inspired me to do so!! #fucknhl94

He has gained popularity in the last couple weeks, it's great. I would vote for him too if I lived in Toronto

Smoz, Clockwise, and everybody else that does hacking came to the conclusion that fights were totally taken out of 94.

Somebody had an interesting idea about hacking one timers, goalie control, A-button dumps etc into 93, but that might be an even more impossible task.

I had that idea. I don't know about the code (obviously there are traces, as mentioned), but the animations were removed from the sprites. So not only would you have to figure out the damn near impossible code restriction, you'd have to draw new sprites and make them fight somehow. Or copy the '93 ones into '94?