NHL'94 Forums

Someone's calculator is broken

6 forwards, 4 defensemen & 2 goalies.

If you already have bids on 2 goalies, you should be very, very careful to not then bid on a 3rd, much less 4th goalie.

If you already have 6 forwards, you should not be out bidding on other forwards.

If the previous bid is 32 million for a player, you should probably not raise it to 50 million.

IF none of these options seem obvious to you, perhaps you should not be in the league.

16 teams works as well as 17 teams.

I'm not stating who will play bad or not, but if while I'm trying to put my team together, you come in & bid on a player I was bidding on, I lose the player. I then bid on someone else who fits the budget. I win that award, and find out you can't even keep the guy I originally wanted.

I get it if you are bidding on a bunch of cheap guys & all of them go through. You aren't effecting anyone else's auction.

HOWEVER, all of this clowning was already done. So, the question is what is the solution to all these bids on players you can't keep?

I think, the big problem here, is that there,

-was no limit to the number of bids,

-the cap is lazy, and doesnt take into account bids, and having a look at your previous bids is hard work...

-anyone was allowed to be bid on.

in the end, everyone just ended up (myself included) with their head in the sand, with the uncertainty of wether or not we were getting the players or not. and that causes overbidding, and yeah, I dont think I need to explain more, (well here anyway, because thats not the point of this thread.) as we can clearly see the effect of it.