NHL'94 Forums

New 93 League

CoachMac

OK, I could do that.

Personally I prefer 3 rounds of 5, but I would be OK with the Finals at 7.

What about the back-up goalies? Any comments on that?

Or Line Changes ON.

Those are the 2 I thought I would hear some resistance on.

Thoughts?

I'm personally not USED to line changes on, but I'm OK w/ them, as it adds a wrinkle. I'd play w/ or w/out them. If put to a vote, I'd go w/out.

Backup goalie, not interested, but not strong enough opposition to care if it means something to everyone else. I'd prefer this as a no.

Drafting double lines & all that takes a little longer. I'm definitely in for MORE games on a schedule. I'd be happier w/ 40 plus. 34 would almost be the minimum.

I'm ok w/ the 5-5-5 format. When you get into a '93 series, the "replay" button starts to come up over & over for those head to head games. By game 5, it's been decided. Begley quit on me last year cause he couldn't take it. While I think he's a nancy for quitting, I do understand the mental part of replaying the same games over & over. '93 doesn't have AS MUCH variance in its game play, so 5 game series is enough for me.

That said, I'm ok w/ 7 game series if everyone else prefers that.

5 minute periods is the right time. Games move slower w/ line changes on. Might consider 6 minutes if you leave line changes on, but I don't like 4 minutes at all.

I'd play under ANY rules to be honest though, so make what you want, set the rules up and let's roll.

I'd play under ANY rules to be honest though, so make what you want, set the rules up and let's roll.

Great Comment.

Almost ready to roll.

Good thoughts. I will consider.

Other guys please weigh in on your thoughts.

I'll dial it all in by Saturday Night.

Suggestions on Draft order?

Edited by CoachMac

I'd be willing to test the backup goalie theory with a quick preseason - but if memory serves, all goalies suck in '93.

Not sure it will make much of a difference.

... as far as line-changes go, we'd need to test that as well - as it will be set-up for 4 lines I believe.

Edited by jer_33

True.

What about line changes?

line changes would make it little bit more strategic with line combos and all IMO

line changes would make it little bit more strategic with line combos and all IMO

That was my thought. Especially with the fighting aspect.

Plus it may make it slightly harder to score as players tire.

But,

My concern is that it will slow down the action too much.

it would be like gens 2012 league it had 5 mins, penalties, offsides and line chages. it felt more like a sim than anything else, but it was kinda fun even though it was slow at times

I just thought 7 games for finals just cause its the finals. I'm ok with either line changes or not. Have played both ways. 5 minutes is fine by me. As for backup goalie I will go with it if majority votes yes but I don't see a reason for one.