NHL'94 Forums

Bidding process going forward!

halifax

Hi guys,

First I'd like to thank you guys for participating. There's no question it hasn't gone as smooth as I envisioned.

In an ideal world, I'd have software to do this kind of thing and the process would simplified immensely. However for the time being, I have to find a happy medium that keeps it fun, protect coaches from themselves for overbidding, and complete in a reasonable time frame.

Here's what I will do going forward.

1.Address some coaches that have over bid on rosters. Initially I had in place that you would lose half your cap space for overbidding. I'm going to go with the following and amend that for now.

All the coaches that have over bid, will have to release the minimum amount of players to get their roster back in line. For each player dropped will be a one million penalty. Those coaches will advise me of which choices they will make.

2.Those players dropped will go back into bidding and cannot be bidded on be the original owner. Their starting bid amount will be the lesser of one of the following:

-50% of the player salary

-average amount of bids received

-median bid.

3. I will control which players get selected for bidding by you submitting your requests to me. I will check your roster and I will check your leading bids. As long as you have not exceed a combination of your roster limit and leading bids on the forums, I will post the player. In other words you can't have more than 6 forwards on your roster+leading bids at your request time. Same goes for 4 D and 2G.

I can understand that some will be frustrated with this decision. In fact, I would understand if you didn't want to continue with participating and remove yourself from the league. If you chose this...let me know asap.

The 24 hour bidding process will continue as normal and I'll deal with any other coaches if rosters/cap space get exceeded again.

I enjoy doing this and am committed to continue getting everything completed.

Thanks!

Thanks for organizing and despite some bumps, i thought the process was running ok, until now.

I went to bed at 11 pm seeing that guys like linden, muller, fetisov and iafrate had just received fresh bids. I figured I would reevaluate in the morning and bid on a couple of them. I am up now at 4 am and their threads are closed???? And they have been awarded to other captains??? What's up with that? I was in the running for those guys and all of a sudden they are awarded to someone else with no warning?

Please explain. Thanks.

Thanks for organizing and despite some bumps, i thought the process was running ok, until now.

I went to bed at 11 pm seeing that guys like linden, muller, fetisov and iafrate had just received fresh bids. I figured I would reevaluate in the morning and bid on a couple of them. I am up now at 4 am and their threads are closed???? And they have been awarded to other captains??? What's up with that? I was in the running for those guys and all of a sudden they are awarded to someone else with no warning?

Please explain. Thanks.

You are correct...my error. I have opened them back up. I think what happened was because Im in CST and the zones on the forum are EST (which is the majority of members), then the posts said 'yesterday' but I did not take into account the time difference when I closed that. I'll be more careful going forward.