NHL'94 Forums

MINI BLITZ (For those in need of a fix)

LA Robbie

OK, here it is. For those like me who really wanna use & enjoy their drafted Blitz 08 team. For me one of the things about Blitz is that once the league is over your team's gone forever (Unless you're King, who seemed to be able to keep pretty much the exact same team this season!). For me I just really want as many opportunities to play some games with this team & the rom. If we have to wait til January or whatever for the real thing so be it. Fine by me. It's just more time to enjoy this great team i've drafted.

Blitz rom is attached.

So here we are. 2 groups of 5, play each team in your group home & away. It's only a 10 game regular season, so absolutely no big commitment & shouldn't be a problem for anyone to complete with ease.

Top 2 in each group go forward to semi finals.

After that i'll set up playoffs with 3rd vs 3rd, 4th vs 4th & 5th vs 5th, so everyone gets to play a playoff series regardless of where they finish in the group.

2 points for a win, 1 point for an overtime loss, extra point for the overtime win.

Regular Blitz rules. You don't have to change anything in the start up menu except your teams.

Post your results here in this thread. When they start coming in i'll post the standings & regularly update them. Try to catch me this week for games because on Sunday I move city for a new job & don't know when i'll have internet set up there just yet. A week after I get there they're sending me away for the weekend of the 6th to the 8th too, so i'm pretty busy until middle od December really. I will be on most nights this week & Saturday afternoon/evening.

Groups maybe look a little uneven, but after the A guys it was a totally random draw. Just enbjoy playing.

STANDINGS

GROUP 1 GP W L T OTW OTL GF GA PTS

DETROIT (Gretzkyonacold) 8 4 2 1 1 26 22 11

OTTAWA (Probob) 6 2 3 1 15 16 5

QUEBEC (Fitzo) 6 2 3 1 16 21 5

MONTREAL (Freydey)

PITTSBURGH (Vocally Caged)

GROUP 2 GP W L T OTW OTL GF GA PTS

BUFFALO (Icestorm)

CALGARY (Blitzburgh)

NYR (Skeletor)

BOSTON (Seano7302)

TORONTO (Jer_33)

blitz08V1.bin

Edited by LA Robbie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if everyone one makes the playoff i dont see the point of playing my reg 10 gas :P

Haha. Only the top 2 make the semi finals, but those who miss out will get a series vs the guy who finished in the same position in the other group, just for some friendly competition

Looks great man, thank you for setting it up, can't wait to play! I will be on tonight if anyone in Group 2 wants to get started. I'm off for the holiday until Saturday so I can play alot during the evenings and late nights for the next few days.

10 games? Way too much, it's not like games take just 10 minutes

???

We're not playing each guy 10 times.. we're playing our conference opponents home and away (2 game sets). Regular season will be 8 games long.

lets just play 2 against everyone with a minimum of 10gp to get in the playoff, that way it will be easier to sched the games, more opponents, more possibility

DETROIT VS OTTAWA - GROUP 1

GAME 1 @ DETROIT: 3-2 DET

GAME 2 @ DETROIT: 4-1 DET

GAME 3 @ OTTAWA: 3-2 DET OT

GAME 4 @ OTTAWA: 3-1 DET

ggs

Current standings. This same post will be constantly updated as more results come in.

STANDINGS

MONTREAL (Freydey)

BUFFALO (Icestorm)

CALGARY (Blitzburgh)

NYR (Skeletor)

BOSTON (Seano7302)

TORONTO (Jer_33)

Edited by LA Robbie

AIM CONTACTS LIST:

GROUP 1: AIM

PITTSBURGH (Vocally Caged) Vocally Caged

Montreal (Freydey) Freydey32

Quebec (Fitzo) fitzo_nhl94

OTTAWA (Probob) PRoBob38

DETROIT (Gretzkyonacold) gretzkyonacold

GROUP 2: AIM

Buffalo (Icestorm) Icestorm NHL94

CALGARY (Blitzburgh) BlitzburghLabs66

NYR (Skeletor) Skeletor AndTheCosbyKids

BOSTON (Seano7302) 20moris@sau5.org

TORONTO (Jer_33) hockeyboards@gmail.com

lets just play 2 against everyone with a minimum of 10gp to get in the playoff, that way it will be easier to sched the games, more opponents, more possibility

The group you're in I think VC is the only one that will be difficult to get hold of. That's 12 games right there now we're doing 4 vs each team

Sup guys?

Since I'm trying to adjust for the coming night shift I'll be online and available until late tonight, most probably between 01:00 - 04:00 AM CET ( 7pm - 10 pm EST).

I've added all of you in group A, good luck to you and see ya on the ice.

Sup guys?

Since I'm trying to adjust for the coming night shift I'll be online and available until late tonight, most probably between 01:00 - 04:00 AM CET ( 7pm - 10 pm EST).

I've added all of you in group A, good luck to you and see ya on the ice.

I'll be on from about 9:30pm EST so hopefully i can catch you before you hit the sack

I played asstorm won both games 14-0 and 13-0

???

We're not playing each guy 10 times.. we're playing our conference opponents home and away (2 game sets). Regular season will be 8 games long.

No even playing just 10 games in a season, so hard...

STANDINGS

MONTREAL (Freydey)

BUFFALO (Icestorm)

CALGARY (Blitzburgh)

NYR (Skeletor)

BOSTON (Seano7302)