NHL'94 Forums

What rating would you add to 94?

Seano7302

Just random idea: Goalie Rebound Rating. Unless it's already connected to something; I don't even know what the goalie stats are.

In theory the lower the rating the less 'sticky' goalies are. Manual saving would raise stickiness to some extent.

Shot release speed. Your snipers would be quicker at getting off a good shot compared to an enforcer with a hard shot but slow release.

I believe there is already a rating like that. It's Shot Acuracy and Shot power difference

Just random idea: Goalie Rebound Rating. Unless it's already connected to something; I don't even know what the goalie stats are.

In theory the lower the rating the less 'sticky' goalies are. Manual saving would raise stickiness to some extent.

I think PKC puck control is already there the higher the rating the less like a rebound would occur

non-fatique endurance. not the likelihood/rate of getting tired but of getting injured/separated from the puck.

I believe there is already a rating like that. It's Shot Acuracy and Shot power difference

Was that ever actually proven? It'd be easy to test by stepping through video frame by frame. Maybe possible using replays and setting the emulator speed really low.

1. To somewhat piggyback off my recent thread...

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/15884-what-attribute-contributes-towards-injuries/

I would add an injury rating. The higher the rating the more likely that player will injure another. The lower the rating the more susceptible that player is to injuries.

2. Dump Rating. I haven't thought about this one much but the higher the rating, the higher the dump to give more time on line changes and more likely it will stay in bounds. As a secondary benefit, this could also be applied to the elusive "dump goal" from behind the opponents net.

I would love a check rating that actually does something other than control AI check frequency. Like what Smoz did for Blitz.

Although, I'd just like to hear for sure (like straight from EA Sports) what all the ratings do. They put the game in NHL 11 or whatever year that was but they still didn't fully explain Agility, Stick Handling, etc. Just a thought!

The ability to get up faster

1 you get up in 0,3sec

2. 0.5

6..uwe krupp, your screwed

1. To somewhat piggyback off my recent thread...

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/15884-what-attribute-contributes-towards-injuries/

I would add an injury rating. The higher the rating the more likely that player will injure another. The lower the rating the more susceptible that player is to injuries.

What would lindros get on that scale...

I'm not sure what I'd call it, but something relating to how they deal with a pressure situation. For example, someone who has been there, won a few cups, won in the clutch, would have a chance of heating up when the team is down, whereas someone who is a rookie or just hasn't been in the playoffs would be cooling down as things got hairy.

I think more than anything it would be a modifier for all the other stats. A high-pressure guy would get a stat boost while a low-pressure guy would get a stat drop.

I like the idea of a guy's skills changing in game based on the situation.

Also, if Toughness type skill was related to if a guy is getting hit a lot, how he responds. Cause some guys get nasty back, get more penalties, other guys start to play elite, and some guys just run & hide.

And vice-a-versa, some guys when you don't hit them, start to really get their juices going and light up the candle.

That's probably a whole lot of game code changes, so it's not really a one "skill" rating being added, but more of a follow up to marchawg's "clutch" rating comments.