NHL'94 Forums

Fall 2013 Wrap-up

Oilers442

Hey everyone,

As some of you have no doubt read, I was able to take this season's SNES A1 league title for the first time in my NHL 94 career with the Edmonton Oilers. With that, I've accomplished my biggest goal in playing this game and participating in this community since I first started playing exhibs in 2010 and competing in league games in 2012. I had a blast playing this season and am certainly honored by the congratulations and compliments I've received since last Wednesday. I'd like to personally thank Bo for a great series in the finals and offer my congratulations on another excellent season with Alexander Mogilny and the Buffalo Sabres...to say I was intimidated and nervous heading into the finals would be an understatement lol.

Before this season, I had announced to everyone that no matter what the result of this season was for me, that it would be my last as a full time player in the Classic league. I've had several times in the past where I had planned on stepping away from the game but always kept coming back for more...most recently when Grayto and I discussed 2013 being the 20th anniversary of NHL 94. I've written several topics in the past about my reasons for leaving/scaling back and so I feel there is no need to further elaborate on those here. That being said, I'm extremely proud to have been a part of this year's celebration and Spring and Fall leagues that have accompanied the anniversary of this amazing game and am thankful that I waited another year before scaling back. I still will be stepping away from the league after this season, but to my friends who I regularly play exhibs against, I promise I will never be too far away for the occasional exhib game or lengthy strategy discussion :)

For SNES, there is much to look forward to in the coming seasons...Annatar's emergence as an offensive force, NorthwayNative's rise to elite status, Bo's continued dominance, Fenty's hopeful return, McMarkis' representation of the old guard of SNES, the status of Grayto, etc...I can't wait to watch it all play out over time...I wish you all and the other SNES players the best of luck and my thanks and appreciation for thousands of games, practice, the knowledge i've acquired about this game, and some of the most fun times I've ever had in my life...there will definitely be more to come in the future! :)

Oilers442 signing off for now...thanks again everyone!!

#simpson3:16

GGS!

PS: I'm still working on trying to upload the games of the finals vs Bo on youtube. My upload speeds are horribly slow of late and I've also not had a lot of time to try further uploads...I will be continuing to work on this in the coming days. I'm also planning on completing my SNES lineup write-ups for every team in the epiphanies section...for those who may have been wondering hehee.

PPS: Hi Plabax! :D

Yes.. Now you can tell your grandkids: "After 20 attempts I finally managed to win an SNES league!"

BUT don't forget to mention that the almighty Plabax was your coach and was nice enough to stay out of the league to heavily increase your chances of winning! :girl:

Congrats! Merry Christmas.