NHL'94 Forums

NHLPA 93 Hitz Playoffs

CoachMac

Good question!

#1 He won his games.

#2 He did what was asked of him.

Original deadlines for this league were 18 games by Jan 1.

Regular season over by Feb. 1.

We finished fast.

If I had it to do over I would have set quicker deadlines

Edited by CoachMac

Your points are well made JJ.

Mav annoyed most everyone in the league but he did what was originally agreed upon and what he is known for.

I am going to make this real easy.

Top 2 in each conference make playoffs.

No wild cards which eliminates ME and Mav.

Chicago (Brutus)

Toronto (Jer33)

Pittsburgh (Labs66)

New York (KingRaph)

I would love to continue this league with and/or some others with the guys who have the same goals.

PS I would still like an exi series with you King Raph on Jan 1

I don't think you should do that.

I'm just frustrated(and I'm sure you are too) with the lack of commitment in every league I join. He had plenty of time as the rest of us finished(except some games with mav)

Kashim would have had a shot at the playoffs had mav taken the time to play him.

Well anyways, don't change the format on my behalf. Also, I did not bring this up so I could make the playoffs(I certainly don't deserve to). Just frustrated with coaches signing up and not playing.

Edited by jackandjose

ok sounds good, and I'm definitely in for continuing this league, was a lot of fun! maybe even expand it if we can find the right guys. What about being able to keep one player from your team moving forward, like a keeper league kinda? Might mix things up a bit

Just a minor point, but with a small league, I would rather see more (if not all) teams get some playoff games. Even if its just a 3 or 5 game series to decide the wildcards.

As far as expansion, not my league, but so far 8-10 guys has been pretty sweet for drafting and playing.

I wld also recommend some draft penalties for not completing the reg seaon.

Jer

Only thing with penalties is it wouldn't be fair to the guys that are trying to play and trying to get a hold of the guys that don't want to.

NYR (kingraph) @ PIT (LABS_66)

NYR 12 @ PIT 5 (fights 1-0 NYR)

NYR 6 @ PIT 4 (fights 1-1)

PIT 5 @ NYR 6 (fights 1-0 PIT)

NYR win series 3-0. GGS! While the first one got out of hand quickly, the last two games were tight. Especially when PIT knocked out two of my d-men and my star scorer....that was BRUTAL,lol.

Confirmed. Great games! GOOD LUCK to Kinger and winner of Brutus/Jer series!

King, I sense a rivalry brewing.....lately seems like we always end up matched up lol (But I guess for a rivalry I have to at least win one haha!)

Get ya next time :)

Congrats to KingRaph for coming in midseason and leading the Rangers into the Finals.

Also to LABS66 for being a great bud and having a great season.

Web-site is updated and waiting on the Jer33 (TOR) vs Brutus (CHI) Conf Final.

http://oldtimevideogamesports.webs.com/

I would love to see some video of the Finals!

Edited by CoachMac

That would be cool to see! be sure to do that, congrats again and good luck!

Thank you Coach, great league! Can't wait to start season 2

Chicago 3 games, Toronto 0.

Scores 7-6, 14-3 & 8-7 (OT).

Good games. Had a few desynchs, which ruined the fun of the series, but still well played.

Game 1 was 7-3 mid third when Kelly Buchberger & his fat, speed 40 butt ran off a hat trick in less than a minute & 1/2 to make it a 7-6 tight finish.

Game 2 was a blow out from the beginning, and was 9-0 at one point. Jer's credit for fighting back in 3rd period, and getting 3 goals.

Game 3 was 1-1 end of 1st, then desynched, replayed, 4-4 end of 1st in second go round. Lots of action, tied up at 7 late, and I failed to score a few buzzer shots to end it. Oddly, before OT even started, we had desynched, so I'm playing computer not realizing, skate in for opening faceoff breakaway with Cam Neely, only to hit a post. Shortly after that I realize Jer's not moving, and we restarted the game with 1st goal being the OT winner. Roy actually made a nice save in OT and we went back to ice the series.

AND, speaking of ROY, WORST GOAL EVER I'VE SEEN IN '93. Back hand shot from almost his redline, accidental style and it goes in right over Roy.

Hitz Finals Game 05 (if needed):

:grimace:

Summary

NYR win the series 3-0.

Game 1: NYR 12 @ CHI 7

Game 2: NYR 7 @ CHI 6

Game 3: CHI 6 @ NYR 13

Great series, was hard fought, especially game 2. That game was pivotal and if Brutus managed to take that one, I believe this series could have ended up differently. I will say that Slava Fetisov was my MVP of the playoffs. Adding him, Brad Miller and Keith Primeau brought some much needed heft to this NYR squad. I went 0-6 against PIT and CHI in the regular season and 6-0 in the post season simply because of those additions!

Great season Brutus, ggs!

Thanks Coach Mac for running another successful '93 season!