NHL'94 Forums

New Here

Lupz27

Just got a Sega Genesis for Xmas from my wife, first thing I thought about was NHL 94! Hopped on EBay ordered it up, and it should be here Monday, I can't wait to pop that bad boy in. Like most here I owned every NHL EA Sports title. Always preferred Genesis console for all sports games (except Tecmo Superbowl).

The whole playing on the CPU thing is confusing to me, I am CPU illiterate outside of surfing the Internet. Wish it was as easy as the new systems to just turn on, and play someone online.

I haven't played the Genesis versions of these games in at least 10 years, I wonder how long it will take for it to come back to me, I played non stop, and was always the baddest dude in the neighborhood for any EA Sports video game on Sega, knew every glitch, and trick to score. I'm an old dog now, hope it comes back to me, playing this game is one of my fondest childhood memory's, holding court shouting who's next for hours lol, boy those were the days!

Great forum, should really help me with any stumbles of finding my old glory. Maybe if I find my old game I'll try, and find someone who can set me up on the CPU (I sure as hell won't figure it out), and join in on the online fun, see you guys around.

welcome (back). have fun!

The computer set up isn't really as hard as it seems. There are a lot of guys on here that will help you out, they did for me. Becomes like second nature now setting up a game. Any questions, ask me anytime man. Hope I will have the answer you need

The computer set up isn't really as hard as it seems. There are a lot of guys on here that will help you out, they did for me. Becomes like second nature now setting up a game. Any questions, ask me anytime man. Hope I will have the answer you need

Thanks man, if (hopefully when) my old magic comes back I probably will take you, and others up on this offer!

No question, your wife wins best wife of year!

Here's a video tutorial of how to set up and play '94 on your computer. Once you get yourself comfortable and want to play vs others online, feel free to post again or contact any of us.

Welcome!

Weird I can't see video content on this forum, I am using my IPad so maybe that is the problem. Funny my wife also got me PS4, but it's going to be useless for a year, but I didn't want to tell her that lol. Thanks for the welcome, and when I get on the forum with a non Mac device I'll check out the video, thanks for posting it.

Well my left thumb is in REALLY, REALLY bad D-Pad shape, after only 7 games (10 minute periods) it feels like I've been hit with a hammer under the nail.

Boy forgot how much I actually do love this game, and really forgot how to be awesome at it, I feel like I'm learning to walk all over again, I know what tl do, but the brain, and hands are not in sync with each other, and the feel is missing, got a lot of work to do.

I did show some flashes of my old self at times, but way to many WTF am I doing stretches!

Thumb needs rest, back at it in an hour, or so lol.