NHL'94 Forums

Help hooking Genesis Console up to a CPU monitor instead of TV?

Lupz27

1 quick question, being this is Sega Genesis were talking about here what is the optimal TV size you guys like to play on? I'm thinking no larger than 32" and 40" is the smallest TV in my house. Thinking of hooking the console directly to a CPU 22" monitor, but don't know how to set that up, monitor only has a DVI port, and Stereo speaker jack nothing else, if anyone has any answers, or suggestions to these questions it would be much appreciated!

Will be working nights Monday, and Tuesday (got my copy coming in the mail Monday haven't played in 10+ years). Really want to figure a way to hook the console directly to the Monitor, but I don't see how with only a DVI port, and a stereo speaker audio port, and can't download an emulator because of security on the work CPU, and no CPU controller. Hoping to find a resolution to this by tomorrow, really excited to play! Also don't own a laptop, only an IPad.

I wouldn't get my hopes up expecting an answer that doesn't require spending money on weird converters, and I'm sure you'd lose the audio anyway.

I've played on a giant TV, it's not a big deal. Just don't sit too close.

go with the television... and get a Super Nintendo.

go with the television... and get a Super Nintendo.

NEVER!

Only bought SNES to play one game as a kid Street Fighter 2, Sega ruled Sports games, SNES ruled just about everything else, but I was only interested in sports games!

I wouldn't get my hopes up expecting an answer that doesn't require spending money on weird converters, and I'm sure you'd lose the audio anyway.

Ok I have all the weird converter wires to get audio to external CPU speakers, and will hook up headphones to external speakers. I also have a DVI to HDMI converter (this is how I hook up my PS3 at work to the CPU monitor), do they make a wire that has a HDMI female on one side with a yellow female adapter on the other? Then I could plug the yellow wire into that, and the HDMI to DVI on the other side no?

Also it's a brand new Sega with 80 preloaded games on it, and not sure if it has a coax hook up, only yellow, and white wires, I have the AV1, and AV2 wires to convert onto my home TV's, this is for playing at work when working nights.

So you are planning to play against the CPU? Anyway, I don't have a preferred TV size because I've never even seen a Genesis!

Yea, I'm an old dog looking to relive his glory days, don't know how to set up these CPU emulators, and not going to rattle my brain to figure it out until (hopefully I can) I shake the rust off on the real thing, and then maybe try to learn the emulator to play online process, if I don't have that mojo anymore then I'll just enjoy winning the Cup with the Rangers over, and over again like I used to when I was kid!

oh, you have the awful fake Sega thing. ouch. return it and get a real one is my suggestion now.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/14916-toys-r-us-selling-new-sega-genesis-with-80-games/?hl=amazon#entry123094

oh, you have the awful fake Sega thing. ouch. return it and get a real one is my suggestion now.http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/14916-toys-r-us-selling-new-sega-genesis-with-80-games/?hl=amazon#entry123094

I have 2 brand new wired controllers, and the actual cartridge for NHL 94, the not being able to save will suck, but I will still get to play the game which is what I really want as of now! I can play a whole playoff anyway in one night of work ;)

The 80-game Genesis will not save your game at all, from what I hear. So if you want to do playoffs, you have to do it all at once or never turn the thing off, and it won't keep your player stats (like most goals in a game for each player, like the real game does).

The red, yellow, and white connectors are called 'composite', so you'll need to find a converter for that to whatever form it is you want to put into the monitor.

Yea, I'm an old dog looking to relive his glory days, don't know how to set up these CPU emulators, and not going to rattle my brain to figure it out until (hopefully I can) I shake the rust off on the real thing, and then maybe try to learn the emulator to play online process, if I don't have that mojo anymore then I'll just enjoy winning the Cup with the Rangers over, and over again like I used to when I was kid!

You can do it!

I had never owned a computer and still would not if it had not been for this site.

I was an old dog too, and only played on my original console.

Download the Emulator and play on your computer. It looks better plus with NOSE you can customize your rom to exactly what you like.