NHL'94 Forums

Fall'13 GENS Regular Season Awards

kingraph

Awesome Bud Award (for being awesome)

Halifax and Chaos (tie). BACK TO BACK seasons! Many thanks for all your hard work and making this a successful season!

100% GP Buds (The ultimate buds who played 100% of their games and made my life easier!)

(Bold indicates reached 40 GP last season too!)

addisonbr (D)

Begley15 (D)

Brutus (A AND D!)

Chefstar88 (D)

Crash (D)

dcicon5148 (B AND D!)

Gintron8001 (D)

gretzkyonacold (D)

huachiman (D)

Jackandjose (B AND D!

jer_33 (B AND C)

kingraph (A and D)

LABS_66 (A AND D!)

mbobbyhall (B AND D!)

meaneyac (D)

Sicarius Fulgur ( B )

skeletor (B AND D!)

maverick_z (D)

minpind ( B )

pearate ( B )

Redbonzai ( C )

The Tony Twist Hard Times Award (Our favorite award! No matter the record, this award goes to those who play their season and have a fun time, despite the record)

WINNER: Chefstar88 – A newcomer who took Anaheim, not knowing just how terrible this team was. Played all 20 games to finish with a 1-19 record! Great guy, great job, hope you come back next season with a powerhouse team and make a run for the playoffs!

Runner Up: Seano7302 0-19 record (out of 20) with Toronto. Didn't quit, played through.

The Teemu Selanne Rookie of the Year Award

Tie: LABS_66 and Skeletor! LABS_66 came onto the scene and immediately had an impact. LABS went 16-4 in GENS D, won his division, and went to the finals, only to lose a a strong veteran player in kingraph. He also took over the LA Kings in A, just so he can get some experience playing against some of the top guys. He squeaked into the playoffs as the 8th seed, only to run into his nemesis kingraph again!

Skeletor went 15-5 in GENS D with CHI, won his division and similarly went out after facing kingraph in the semi-finals. He took over Buffalo in GENS B and managed to make it to the finals where he took the savvy vet Sicarius Fulgur (DET) to a 7 game series! Amazing job!

Both guys are great buds too. Congrats, and we're glad to have you in the community!

Runners Up:

Gintron8001 - very good player, who gets to play'94 at our favorite

Crash - banged out all his games and brought in great enthusiasm!

Meaneyac - comes to play and plays hard!

The Adam Oates Most Improved Bud

jer_33 – After going .375 in the B1 league last year, went 31-9 (.775) and WON the GENS C cup this year! Way to go Jer...who also happens to be a great bud too!

Hokkeefan Slacker Awards

Orangeblack92 and billydice (tie) as they both managed to finish playing just 22 games, despite their assurances they would continue. (OB apologized -- he's usually solid)

The Steve Yzerman RAPON Award

kingraph - Led all leagues with 234 goals, average of 5.81/game in the regular season, kicking it up to 7.06 goals per game in the playoffs.

The Don Sweeney TRAPON Award

LABS_66 – Took the uber-goalie Patrick Roy and the stout Canadiens defense to a ridiculous 1.76 GAA in GENS D, which averaged 4 goals a game. Highest difference in all leagues.

Honorable mention to Brutus -- who took Andy Moog to a 2.06 GAA in the same league.

The Scotty Bowman Best Overall Coach Award

Dcicon – 17-3 (.850) in GENS D

The Steve Larmer Iron Bud Award

jer_33! Played 40 games in C and played 40 games in B as a replacement!

Congrats! And thanks to everyone else who participated and helped make this season a great success! I hope you all return next season for some more '94 action!

Thank you KingRaph for the awards, truly honored! Congrats to my Co-ROY Skeletor for a great year and to all the other finalists for their awards. Looking so forward to the future of this website and community. Can't wait for next season....and hopefully I will get a chance in Blitz this season. Live on NHL 94 (and 93)!

Awesome. Thx for the consideration, and awards.

Playing for a year and a half against good players has upped my game against B/C level competition - but my biggest improvement has been on the technology side. A dedicated gaming PC, and a good controller. I paid for a higher speed connection for Classic, but bumped it back down before the playoffs and didn't notice much, if any difference in play. I do believe that my graphics card made a huge difference though - compared to the laptop I'd played on before.

As an aside, I'd be interested to know how many players are "one and done" with Classic. I'm sure there are some that are rudely awakened by the level of talent out there, many are disillusioned about the teams (PIT/PHI/TOR), and most are just not really set up to succeed.

Perhaps we should consider a Classic "training camp" to allow guys an opportunity to get comfortable with GENS/HAMACHI, learn the factors that will help them win (weight-bug, team strengths, technology), and build their skills. The new guys are at an incredible disadvantage IMO, especially considering that there are many returnees to the same divisions.

• 1 month later...

Once again, thanks to everyone for an awesome year, I'm truly floored as to cool it is to play NHL94 online with so many guys that are really down to earth and just love playing the game. No bragging, No showboating, no BS, everyone that I played throughout the season was just there to have fun. Always a GG no matter how frustrating the game can be. ie- losing a game to a pass shot from one end of the ice to another AHHHHH! hahaha

Special thanks again to the Admins, Raph, Chaos and Halifax, I don't think anyone understands how much work goes into this site!! And you do it all for free!

Thanks again boys, I'm proud to be a part of this community!

Crash (Kevin)

• 3 weeks later...

Haha...thanks KR for the TTHT award!! I did unknowingly take the worse team in the game......or just a horrible choice being a new comer to the league (not the game tho). I hadn't played this game in awhile but I enjoyed all the memories it brought back and had fun with it. I am sure I complained a few times about having Anaheim as my squad but played through in the name of experience:)

What's up with the season anyway?? It's been awhile since a new one started....when does the league fire up again?!

Chef

Haha...thanks KR for the TTHT award!! I did unknowingly take the worse team in the game......or just a horrible choice being a new comer to the league (not the game tho). I hadn't played this game in awhile but I enjoyed all the memories it brought back and had fun with it. I am sure I complained a few times about having Anaheim as my squad but played through in the name of experience:)

What's up with the season anyway?? It's been awhile since a new one started....when does the league fire up again?!

Chef

:) Unless things change, the classic league will likely be a once a year event. The next Fall will probably have a late summer registration (August) and September start date.

Oh ok so am I able to join any other leagues?? That one was over pretty quickly and VERY short. I wanted to play more!

Maybe consider doing a GENS C & D or just a D for Spring. If the new guys drop out, it's always easy to get a few vets to sub in later on.

The A & B crowd have a few other leagues they easily got into, but I think to keep guys joining the site, and continuing to grow the "population" to offset the losses over time, having the Classic seems to be the best recruit tool.

I know it's what got me online, as the other leagues have wait list &&&& huge delays often between seasons, so a guy signs up for the wait list & is gone by the time his name comes around. And maybe any vets that are needed to fill in team needs take LOWER level teams to keep up the entertainment value for all parties involved.