NHL'94 Forums

Glitch goals (pass shot goals) should they be allowed in 94 leagues?

hokkeefan

The whole point sailed right over Coach's head... Making best players play with poor teams is not "FUN". You and your 55-year old geezer friends clearly don't understand the art of gaming.

Your chances of winning with Florida are 0.01% at best, why would someone like kingraph want to do that?

No need to descend to name-calling.

Close games are fun. I have lots of good memories of using weaker teams to play against my friends who aren't as good as me. The time Baker got hurt by Roenick to start the 3rd period, then Lamb came in and scored a bunch to break the stalemate. The time Doug Wilson made an epic deke goal on Roy in the final seconds to win the game..

AJ won Blitz 1 with a team of complete rejects. That makes it all the more impressive, and I'm sure more memorable for him.

The winner of Classic Gens leagues are almost always one of the top teams (or Carse). Staggering the teams out based on coach skill isn't a terrible idea. What's happened in the past instead when a good coach has taken a lousy team, is the other good coaches still have good teams, so the guy trying to make more games interesting hasn't got a shot at the cup. (But probably has a lot of interesting games and learns a lot).

And the whole idea of Blitz is to weaken the top players a bit to make it more even (although even then the best players always seem to rise to the top)

No way skill is 80% of the game, cut it down to maybe 65%.. If skill was 80% there's no chance I'm going to game 7 with Icestorm in GDL X.

Hehe I come back to this and remember what happened during both our series.. I think Ralph has it down when he says 70-80%.