NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 08 - Official Start

Freydey

Hello mofapes, wacklords, Hokkefan and gentlemen,

A piori, the website seems ready, well most of it, ready enough to get some games uploaded and finally start the 8th season of NHL94 BLITZOMANIA.

Official Start Date - Sunday, Dimanche, le 12 janvier 2014 -

Blitz season 08

• We will use the system implanted by our grand Elder Smozoma the White Wizard to encourage the coaches of both leagues to respect their engagements: play some blitz gas. Since it took such a looooong time to finally get this season going, i think having a bigger regular season would be appropriate there, to avoid DNPs and reseeding confusion. The season will end officially the 6th of April, just 1 week before the NHL playoff which is usually the 94 frenzy moment of the year.

Official Coaches and Teams:

• A league:

- BoknowsNHL94 - New York Rangers

- Kingraph - Dallas Stars

- Vocally Caged - Pittsburgh Penguins

- Sebe - Florida Panthers

- FPB - Hartford Whalers

- IcestormNHL94 - Buffalo Sabres

- Eggink - Winnipeg Jets

- Freydey32 - Montreal Canadiens

- Zalex1414 - Chicago Blackhawks

- Depch Vancouver Canucks

- Labs_66– Washington Capitals

- Plabax - Quebec Nordiques

• B League:

- Dcicon - Los Angeles Kings

- Chaos - Calgary Flames

- Skeletor - Philadelphia Flyers

- Fitzo – San Jose Sharks

- Jer_33 - Toronto Maple Leafs

- Minpind - Edmonton Oilers

- Brutus – St-Louis Blues

- Pearate - Boston Bruins

- Gretzkyonacold - Detroit Red Wings

- Jackandjose - Anaheim Ducks

- Sicarius - Tampa Bay Lightning

- ProBob38 - Ottawa Senators

Official Waitlist

1. Houly - Active - A

Website

1. The league website is http://blitz.cloudninetyfour.site50.net/default.php
  2. Use the "A" and "B" league links at the very top of the page to switch the mode of the page, depending on which league you are in.
  3. Upload a game: You must use your login name/password on the top of the page to upload a game, then select the specific game and file and upload the GA. If you’re having problems logging in, please contact Plabax.
  4. For more information about how to save a game during online play: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/13529-blitz-06-season-6-started/

Schedule

• The schedule will be the same as before, so 4 games against every other coaches of your division (A or B ), 2 home games and 2 away games, because Smozoma liked it that way :P

The Rom

Deadlines

DATE GP

Jan 26 8

Feb 2 12

Feb 16 16

March 2 20

March 16 28*

March 30 32

6th of April 44**

* draft penalties will apply

**playoff+draft penalties will apply

Note: If you miss 1 deadline, you will receive a warning via PM/Aim/or whatever, and if you miss 2 consecutives deadlines, you will be subject to replacement. However, if you make the effort to explain your situation or the reason why you couldn't reach a specific deadline, you won't get kicked out of the league. I will use my personnal judgment as well as the advices and opinions of a couple of veterans/forum addicts around here to apply the good corrections during the upcoming season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allright! ask your questions / propositions bellow, and for this season, try to focus on one thing only: Have fun, and be in the GA ;)

*This post is dedicated to Smozoma, the man who made all of this possible, and to Dr P1zza, the guy we eternally love.

Edited by Freydey

yeah my bad

Will the website have overall league player stats, and not just stats for each individual team like the old blitz site?

http://blitz94.com/playerstats.asp?season=7&team=&coach=&position=Scoring&league=1&playoffs=false&orderby=PTSpG

Thanks bud. More than good enough for me, as I don't have to go searching now :)

But, on the technical...

FYI, the link from the BLITZ '94 LEAGUE still goes to the old site.

Blitz website goes to proper site & the Blitz old site goes to proper site.

And the Blitz Waiting List goes to the wrong/old link.

Oh well, it seems that for no apparent reason, the really rationnal houlanov will step away for this season, and for the upcoming seasons as well. Depch will finnaly take vancouver so hokke's caps are up for grabs, Labs you're in?

Is Vancouver a better team than Washington? If so maybe Depch should take the Caps if he is better than me.....I don't mind I'll take whomever, just saying

Hey Labs, Vancouver definately has better overall depth over Washington this season. It's pretty much a two edged sword. Vancouver is faster with a good offensive combo, but the guys are very light so unless you're good with b-check you're in trouble getting the puck away from the opponent. Washington has all time Blitz ppg leader in Yzerman as the go to guy, also good to build fo future seasons. Add to Yzerman they have some heavier not so good but serviceable guys whom I guess Hokkee picked for a reason for not being good with b-check (just a speculation though).

My take is Vancouver is propably the tougher team to play really well but can be more rewarding (also one of my all time favourites with Bure).

Yea my b-check is middle of the road, getting better at it. Well since you were offered Canucks first I guess its only fair you get to have them anyway.

Edited by LABS_66

Guys just a note.. I fucked up on the game deleter, so some games that were uploaded incorrectly have messed up the standings a bit. I'll try to fix this tonight along with adding Team Stats to the website by next week.

I think I've added everyone up on AIM now from the league, but if not, just add me up harri.nissinen(at)gmail.com . I'll be gladly starting the league this weekend, maybe even today, just gotta take a little more look of the Vancouver lineup and try it out. :)

For everyone in Blitz. I will be on tonight and late if need be for games. Tomorrow does not look very good for me but Sunday I can be on at night and late also. Nights are usually best for me. As some of you know I have a baby girl and after she is down for the night or taking a nap I'm good to go. That goes for the wifey too....haha ;)

Congrats to Labs for getting the team his enthusiasm deserves. Is he going into A or B? A would be a baptism of fire I think, but just asking

Hey guys, is Hokkee back to take the Caps or are they mine now? I just want to make sure because I saw his away message on AIM saying he was still in

Some first day thoughts of the game and league after having the experience of playing vs NA players.

-The manual goalie is better overall here than in our leagues

-The top end talent is wider (this is basically logics, more people playing the game, more top end talent also)

-I anticipated that my biggest thing to overcome would be frame 5+ latency games, but I was wrong. It's the fatties on D I'm having real hard time with my lightweight offense. Not used to Bure going down on an instant of a touch, this is something I need to become better with here. It didn't seem that strong when trying out vs AI as it does not check so efficiently.

-It's very useful to have a fattie with good shot to go to the parking lot in front of the goalie in Blitz.

-Frame 5+ games make B-check harder, but this will surely get better with time as you get more used to it.

-Wgh 5 and less player with stick 5 will not shake of the tackles like in normal rosters, this happens with heavier stick 5 (with b-checks too). Unexpected change of the chk formula.

-I don't know is it the Blitz rom or are players just better with checking here, this remains to be seen. More people use the B-Check here at least and more efficiently.

-It's a great learning experience of the NA NHL94-environment for future leagues.

Will be looking forward playing some more and thanks for all who already did so with me! GL. :)

++

Some very nice connections even though overseas.

Frame 4 vs Kingraph & BoKnows, quite insane.

Frame 5 vs the rest (one exi vs Plabax was frame 6)

Edited by Depch