NHL'94 Forums

Hokkeefan has to retire

hokkeefan

I really really love NHL94 and thats an under statement BUT I am going to have to call it quits.
I havent played any lg games in ages and my first 4 games back I fricken blew my top again after losing 2 straight OT games vs Plabax.It wouldnt matter who I played,I cannot control my 94 rage.I have to fix a massive hole in the wall today and broke my controller,Im a fkin maniac and cant handle losing at NHL94. I can play NHL14 on xbox360 and have fun, but 94 drives me completely insane.
Sooo I would just like to say I really enjoyed everyones company on aim over the years and NHL94 is my favorite game ever but I have to retire untill I go on some drug from the doc that turns me into a teddy bear lol.
Love all you 94 freaks and take care buds.

LONG LIVE 94 :dal_skater_hand_grab:

see you next season.

another hokkee retirement the legend just grows .............we need to have a hokkee retirement and trading counter on the site!......................ill take over the team for 2 weeks then i gotta go on vacation :)

oh cman wtga

I also don't want to take the spot away from another member who has been around longer on this site than me too and wants to get in.

lol damn, it's like the royal rumble back in the day when a legend would return and the crowd would go crazy, then he would be the first over the ropes. Everyone rages from time to time, especially when playing plabax. Can't wait for tomorrow for your post announcing your comeback.

I understand Labs wants to play, but im not a fan of putting a new guy in a "A" level league to start,..the level has to be there for some reasons, il speak to fokke and the other vets.

Agreed Hokkee will clearly want back in after about 4 days tops, but in terms of the league it needs to be sorted quickly. The obvious solution is to put a guy up to A so Labs can come into B, but obviously that relies on someone wanting to go to A, and be of the required quality.

Other option is giving said player his team in B plus Hokkee's team in A & Labs has to wait for an opening in B.

As it's right at the start of the league i'd suggest forgetting about Plabax's games with Hokkee & look to put a guy up from B then give Vancouver to Labs in the B league

give hokkee til the 1st deadline to see if he'll comeback. i'm betting the best thing to do is nothing.

Thing is, if you leave him out now you can make changes to the A/B structure. If a guy in B has 12 games played this time next week you can't really start asking him to move up to A & start again, but if you get him now before he's started it's more possible & then you can put Labs into B

Thing is, if you leave him out now you can make changes to the A/B structure. If a guy in B has 12 games played this time next week you can't really start asking him to move up to A & start again, but if you get him now before he's started it's more possible & then you can put Labs into B

Does it really matter though?

Hokkee was projected to finish out of the playoffs in A, though he had a real shot because he can really turn it on! I don't believe anybody in B, outside of dcicon, would change that outcome. So unless somebody in B WANTS to move to A, it makes no difference really. Top B/Low A is it's own grouping.

But my point is, if dcicon for example was to move to A it opens a spot for Labs in B. If hokkee doesnt play u have to give dcicon his team in probably & Labs still can't get in

But my point is, if dcicon for example was to move to A it opens a spot for Labs in B. If hokkee doesnt play u have to give dcicon his team in probably & Labs still can't get in

Why would dcicon play with 2 teams? LABS is next on the waitlist, just let him play. The point is it won't make a difference at the end of the day if it's LABS or hokkee...even though hokkee is the stronger of the two.

yeah Depch is a fin veteran approved by Swos, who says he can pretty much handle a A level league, he just need his connection to be tested, hokke you have until wedsnday to be in the ga.

Edited by Freydey

I mean I know I'm not the strongest, but I believe I'm competitive enough to hang with the guys who have been on this site for a long time. I know I'm getting more used to playing on the computer since joining. Only way left is up lol

I am happy with whatever decision.....its up to the league vets. I just don't want to be bumped on the list unfairly thats all.

If Labs has been longer on the waiting list, try to move someone from B to A and give Labs a spot in B. But if no one wants to move from B to A, I'll gladly take over that Washington team (Stevie Y + Wesley was good, but then it's just a mystery how the team is built, no offence hokkee :D ++ now when I look at it more, there is some logic behind adding wgh + chk, apparently built in mind of no use of B-check, but still looks like a couple of top picking rounds were missed). =) I can wait too, don't want any special treatments because of recommendations and if necessary can start from B too and work my way up. :)

And to Hokkee, you never quit from NHL94 completely. You always come back for it. Had around 2 years of break since our last cup in Finland and came back for more for this christmas cup. Got bitten by the NHL94 bee then completely again. Before that it must've been around 4-5 years we had leagues in Finland. So even if you have breaks the game and players will still be around assumeably when you come back for it. Sometimes we all just need a "day" off. :)

Edited by Depch

Labs is 1st up but for a spot in B. If Depch is A standard he shud be 1st for a spot in A. One of the things about Blitz is being scrict with the standard. Labs is a good player i'm sure but that A league is fierce. All the top players there.

I'm sure Labs will get into B later in the season if its not possible to put Dcicon up to A from the start

I'm cool with that. I will bide my time and hopefully get in to "B" this season, if not maybe next season. I will get into "A" one day ;)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL! Hope it's a fun, exciting season!

Edited by LABS_66