NHL'94 Forums

On a hunt for a few roms.....

Ben Burke

So i;m looking for 3 roms, 2 of these i know was out there at one point, the 3rd im not sure was, i never seen it but it might of been made. So here is what im looking for:

all are NHL94 for the genesis

1. WHL(Western Hockey League) - Cant find it anywhere links are dead.

2. AHL - This version had banners and start up logos, seems like every one on the net now is missing this and, to me i cant play with no banners at all!! Cause i dont know what team i am on the play off banner so idk who i might play next.

3. 1996-97 - More importantly, one with the islanders "fisherman" logo as the start-up the 1997 trade deadline one has the old logo on it, im not sure if this even has ever been made so this one is a long shot.

I'm sure the first 2 roms are out there someplace, and if anybody has them and can upload them or just pm me

Please & Thank You to anybody that has these.

Edited by Ben Burke

I couldn't find any of these that you are lokkjbg for. The closest thing was an old post of yours that had an AHL ROM.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/13741-unfinished-roms/#entry110806

I also try to keep a master list handy, so if you find them, let us know!

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/15534-master-list-of-gens-94-roms/

Good luck!

3. 1996-97 - More importantly, one with the islanders "fisherman" logo as the start-up the 1997 trade deadline one has the old logo on it, im not sure if this even has ever been made so this one is a long shot.

The 97 deadline ROM is probably the closest you're going to get right now. Yeah it doesn't have the fisherman logo, but it could be considered historically accurate because according to NHL Uniforms, the regular NY logo was put on the fisherman jerseys starting in 1996 http://nhluniforms.com/Islanders/Islanders08.html. If that's the only thing stopping it from being the definitive 96-97 ROM for you, you could try using Tile Molester to replace the start up logo.

I couldn't find any of these that you are lokkjbg for. The closest thing was an old post of yours that had an AHL ROM.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/13741-unfinished-roms/#entry110806

I also try to keep a master list handy, so if you find them, let us know!

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/15534-master-list-of-gens-94-roms/

Good luck!

Yea those roms are graphically unfinished. But im hoping that somebody does have the first 2 roms or even the WHL one would be nice, some is better then none. and if so ill be sure to let u guys know so the next me wont half to go through this.

The 97 deadline ROM is probably the closest you're going to get right now. Yeah it doesn't have the fisherman logo, but it could be considered historically accurate because according to NHL Uniforms, the regular NY logo was put on the fisherman jerseys starting in 1996 http://nhluniforms.com/Islanders/Islanders08.html. If that's the only thing stopping it from being the definitive 96-97 ROM for you, you could try using Tile Molester to replace the start up logo.

It wont stop me but its be nice. They wore those for 2 years right? 96-97 and 97-98? I figured this was not out there and that the deadline one was as good as ill get.

Edited by Ben Burke

....it might of been....

....next me wont half to go....

your Dragon brand speech-to-text software is failing you.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea those roms are graphically unfinished. But im hoping that somebody does have the first 2 roms or even the WHL one would be nice, some is better then none. and if so ill be sure to let u guys know so the next me wont half to go through this.

It wont stop me but its be nice. They wore those for 2 years right? 96-97 and 97-98? I figured this was not out there and that the deadline one was as good as ill get.

Well if you're still interested, I've learned how to edit the startup logos, so I attached an edited version of naples39's 97 deadline ROM v4 with the fisherman logo, just for you.

EDIT: naples39 has the logo in his ROMs now, so check the post below for a link to his thread.

Edited by FlyersHockey1967

Just noticed this thread. Not having the Islanders fisherman logo at team selection in the 97 rom is a mistake. I had the fisherman in v1 and v2, but accidentally took it out in v3 and didn't catch it in v4. I'll put it back in the 'official' release as well.

EDIT: Only took me a few minutes to change. The fixed version with the isles fisherman logo in 97 (which was the original intention) is in the download in the thread;

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/15608-my-deadline-roms/?p=130825

Edited by naples39

How do you get the colors correct?

I've got everything else.

I want to put the logos back in on the start up screen of my Original 6 Rom.

Before you import the graphic file you are going to use as the logo (in TileMolester I presume), you have to set the palette. You change the palette colors one-by-one at the bottom of the screen by double-clicking on each square (make sure you are at the right palette location in the rom). You only have about 10 available colors to edit, so you might need to edit the graphics file in another program to reduce the colors present in the source graphics file.

Well there you go, a 97 deadline ROM with the Fisherman logo, right from the man himself!

CoachMac, for startup logos the first offset is at 001C85B8, canvas size 6x6 tiles, and the palette for the first logo is at offset 1868270. When you pick out the right colors for that first logo, click the arrow at the bottom to move to the palette for the second logo.

naples39, while you're here, can you help me with the All-Star teams in the 97 deadline? I've got the rosters and lines set, I just need to get the player cards for the starting lineups right. All of the player photos are in the ROM and I've got their hex offsets, but I don't know how to get the cards pointed to the right photos. Do I do this in NOSE, TM, a hex editor, or EARE?

Well there you go, a 97 deadline ROM with the Fisherman logo, right from the man himself!

CoachMac, for startup logos the first offset is at 001C85B8, canvas size 6x6 tiles, and the palette for the first logo is at offset 1868270. When you pick out the right colors for that first logo, click the arrow at the bottom to move to the palette for the second logo.

naples39, while you're here, can you help me with the All-Star teams in the 97 deadline? I've got the rosters and lines set, I just need to get the player cards for the starting lineups right. All of the player photos are in the ROM and I've got their hex offsets, but I don't know how to get the cards pointed to the right photos. Do I do this in NOSE, TM, a hex editor, or EARE?

I link the player pictures with EARE. Here's the text file for the 97 rom that matches player name to hex address of the right picture. Erase the 97 at the end and put it in the EARE folder, open the rom in EARE, and click set player pictures. That's it.

While I'm at it, if you're going to be doing stuff in TileMolester, I bookmarked all the locations/palettes. Here's the .xml file to put in the resources sub-folder of the TileMolester folder. For it to work, the rom and the xml file must have the same name (NHL94.xml = nhl94.bin). Everything works best if you navigate to the location first, then choose the palette second.

PlayerCardsDefault97.txt

NHL94.xml

Edited by naples39

Thanks for the text file, I really appreciate your willingness to share it. Trying to edit logos on my own and getting the All-Star teams up and running gave me a new appreciation and respect for you, and all of the people who take the time to make custom ROMs and share them with the community.

Thanks, and you're welcome.

I hope people enjoy them, or like having them in their collection. Doing these is pretty much a labor of love, but you do get better at it and it's satisfying to keep improving them and getting little things right.

SWEET!!!! thanks Naples39 & FlyersHockey1967. Im about to get into my old desktop and extract the WHL rom as well. The AHL rom? i have in the past tried to lean to edit start up logo & banners, and i just was lost. I do have those other roms FlyersHockey1967 that need logos(ECHL&QJMHL/OHL) if u want to collaborate on those let me know.

Edited by Ben Burke

• 3 weeks later...