NHL'94 Forums

GDL XI - Official Roll Call & Waiting List

IceStorm70

Understood, but it is crappy that there was advocating from a drunk, a pre-teen, and a transvestite to get me swiftly replaced when none of them bothered to try notifying me of the draft start. Furthermore, the draft wasn't even supposed to have started until around today-Friday (hence, I logged in last night). Had I known a draft was going on so soon I could have definitely left a list. Sucks to play all the games in a season with a rough record, receive 3rd pick, and than having the draft start a week sooner than told. Again, I'm not asking for my team back; but Ill make my point clear this time: "it would be fair from those involved with GDL to offer it as a possibility before he drafts rds 2 & 3."

:angry:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I was laughing at kupuck for being mad, but something to note here :

My understanding is that kupuck signed on to see what time he had to pick, so he could either leave a list or be around for his pick. In all fairness, kupuck did NOT have to be online at the time we replaced him, I just thought that it was sketchy that kupuck would not come on the forums so I thought that he was not going to show up. This is why I told Ice there was no point in waiting for kupuck.

Since we know kupuck is here, I think it won't do any harm if we allow him to take his team back. It's only one pick, no trading has been done (I think) and kupuck DID play his 56 games last season.

Edited by PlabaxV2

At first I was laughing at kupuck for being mad, but something to note here :

My understanding is that kupuck signed on to see what time he had to pick, so he could either leave a list or be around for his pick. In all fairness, kupuck did NOT have to be online at the time we replaced him, I just thought that it was sketchy that kupuck would not come on the forums so I thought that he was not going to show up. This is why I told Ice there was no point in waiting for kupuck.

Since we know kupuck is here, I think it won't do any harm if we allow him to take his team back. It's only one pick, no trading has been done (I think) and kupuck DID play his 56 games last season.

true!

and PLEASE for hokkee, no limit of trades! FREE HOKKEE :cry:

I'll take responsibility for replacing you Vinny. It was a judgement call we started the slow draft friday night as we had everyone confirmed who was playing.

vinny lecavalier?

Edited by Freydey

I think putting KU first in wait list is fair compromise.

It wouldn't be fair to ask floating to give up his tea at this point.

why not, coffey is better

Edited by Freydey

There is no 'Pavel Bure' in 'team', if I have any chance at having COL back and getting to draft it should be now or never before the draft goes any further. There is still an issue having stuck out a bad season and feeling you should have enjoyed a top 3 player for the next season.

If I am first on the waitlist, usually the first team to drop has a bust team (like when I inherited jrod's mess with the Capitals in GDL 7).

Personally - I see a big difference between the two.

Edited by kupuck19

I think this might be a one time occurrence to let whatever team kupuck takes over not drop to the end of next season's draft and take whatever spot they would have had if the coach had returned. I guess if someone drops during the season that wouldn't apply.

Maybe I wasn't clear that I have little interest in being on the waitlist. I confirmed to be back with Colorado with knowledge i'd have a chance to build a good team. Ill just wait for fall classic to play in a league again.

I appreciate the effort to offer a fair compromise, but it just not the same.

Edited by kupuck19

• 1 month later...

If you're not on the wait list and would like to get into GDL XI this season please post here!

FYI, we've had 2 people possibly 3 leave the league thus far for various reasons. What we've been doing for repalacement coaches is selecting the coach on the waiting list with the most comparable skill level of the departing coach.

This is a change from the past, but the reasoning behind this is trying to keep the league as balanced as possible.

Carse was replaced with FlamingPavelBure

LA Robbie by Pearate.

Not an exact science but you ge the idea.

What we've been doing for repalacement coaches is selecting the coach on the waiting list with the most comparable skill level of the departing coach.

So A guys replace A guys, and B guys replace B guys? I get what you trying to do (and this should be done in every league), but guys like me who go 0-20 in 20 game classic may never get in. (To be fair, I was in the Smythe division, which had LABS_66, Snyder, and Brutus)

Edited by Seano7302

So A guys replace A guys, and B guys replace B guys? I get what you trying to do (and this should be done in every league), but guys like me who go 0-20 in 20 game classic may never get in. (To be fair, I was in the Smythe division, which had LABS_66, Snyder, and Brutus)

There is spot for news guys every year. Not everything is perfect, but GDL divisions are weighted. It's not really fair to have somebody play his division games vs a prime time guy, get crushed, he gets replaced and the guy goes 5-15 and gives the rest of his division W's.

Snyder KG and Seano are the coaches currently on the waitlist.

If anyone is interested please get your name in the ring! We have several coaches this year that will be replaced shortly so here's your chance to get into GDL!

Ice, please put my bro on the waitlist.

All set, what skill level is he? If you had to compare him to someone who would it be? Need to know to determine where he gets placed when we boot the next slacker

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...