NHL'94 Forums

GDL XI Draft Order Poll

IceStorm70

New final Poll, please review options and pick from these two.

Option one is new and based on Labs and Plabax proposal. For example, if Swos(24)and Ice(23) drop out, the first replacement can pick either the 23rd or 24th position in the draft.

GDL XI Draft order poll.

Please only vote if you're in GDL XI. Thanks.

My vote is for noobs in beginning of round and reverse order of finish from GDL X afterwards.

I'd argue noobs need better players at first. Why should you or I get a better first round pick then a noob? or swos or carse or frey for that matter?

Noob does not equal bad. Like in SDL, it's unfair to the weaker players because most of the time, the noobs are better than them. However we are not sure how well they will do, so the bottom is the best position to place them, as it does not make anybody weaker or stronger.

Valid example is TomKabs, a noob who didn't get a high pick, but ended up winning.

lol I didn't call you a baby, I know you're right noob <> bad at all. maybe we need to look at each noob individually and categorize them? like Depch, he wouldn't need a higher pick to compete, dude is going to be very good once he gets used to NA puck.

I know I am not in the league yet and only on the wait list but what about a reverse order from GDL X, with the noobs falling in whichever number pick their team, that they took over, finished. I believe that is the most fair way to do it.

Edited by LABS_66

I know I am not in the league yet and only on the wait list but what about a reverse order from GDL X, with the noobs falling in whichever number pick their team, that they took over, finished. I believe that is the most fair way to do it.

Bingo

Its not as it appears Seth, in any given year we gave ~2-3 'noobs' which implies new to GDL not new to 94. So 21 returning coaches are slotted 1-21 wuth the 'noobs' 22-24 for their inaugural season.

Still worst to first order 1-21

Its not as it appears Seth, in any given year we gave ~2-3 'noobs' which implies new to GDL not new to 94. So 21 returning coaches are slotted 1-21 wuth the 'noobs' 22-24 for their inaugural season.

Still worst to first order 1-21

I gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. Either way though, noobs are guaranteed the late round pick. But whatever. I'll do my best with who I get and hopefully no one takes my Elynuik first round.

Edited by Uncle Seth

I assume there should be some benefit for having played last season and sticking around...noobs at the bottom.

What is this, points for showing up? Cman man lol idc either way ut always a proponent of shaking things up at times

I'm for the system they used the last 10 seasons.

IMO, the one in place usually works "well enough".

I've think enough opinions came on all sides of these fences to prove you are never gonna make everyone happy anyhow, so still with what was working.

***This also benefits me. Which is the best part of most people's opnions, as they RARELY go against their best interest :) ****