NHL'94 Forums

Terrible Grantland article 93 vs 94

IceStorm70

yeah, that was disappointing in many ways, but nothing compares to the guy who claimed in the comments to have played a perfect whole "season" of '94 only to miss the playoffs.

He is right that they fked up on the one timers in '94 (for GENS, not SNES), that is certainly a negative when looking at the game. He forgot to mention the manual goalie control, which I guess had an effect on the verdict.

I'm not too sure what he's talking about in the "Ratings" or the "Shootout Mode" section..

Needless to say, not the best article.

I think he was being sarcastic about the shootout mode. People in general are tiring of it in the real game.

Ya we tweeted back and forth earlier today about GC. He said he sucked at it lol.

The writer has played in online leagues before back in the day and is also community member(although i don't think he has posted for quite some time)

Down goes brown! his website is hilarious. Lots of hockey comedy, and his youtube blogesalming is even better

2 great games and he makes that clear.

93 is especially fun for us not so good old geezers who don't understand video gaming like you younguns do.

plus if you add in the fact that he endorses not using the deke move, 93 becomes even more appealling.

Maybe he will join a '93 league someday.

Maybe even one that bans the deke move.

Both games have their merits for sure.

I was playing '93 with my buddy on the weekend and we had some epic defensive battles featuring some awesome scraps between guys like Gary Roberts and Kris King and Scott Stevens and Mike Peluso. It was so much fun! It really is the best fighting engine in any hockey game.

I found that '93 was a great game to play with my buddy who doesn't play too many videogames because it "levels the playing field" a bit, at least moreso than NHL 94. When we play '94, I beat him 8-0 without even trying, but in '93 we had an epic 1-1 tie game go into OT (where my Sens beat his Western Allstars on a sweet Ken Hammond snapshot from the slot).