NHL'94 Forums

GDL XI - Draft Order & Team Finalization

PlabaxV2

To see how I got it, go to the "Draft Calculations" tab, if there are any better ways. Please do tell so I can update it. Team Finalization The newcomers will need to pick their teams here, starting in reverse order of draft position. 1 - LABS_66 -2 - Fitzo -3 - Depch -4 - Skeletor -5 - Uncle Seth -6 - Gretzkyonacold - Any other changes listed here. Plabax leaves LA and moves to NSH. Edited by PlabaxV2

What teams are left? Are any of the veterans changing their teams?

Edited by LABS_66

I know in the other thread some guys wanted to change so I just wanted to make sure what was available

So the teams for nubs to pick from are below?

California Golden Seals
Winnipeg Jets
New Jersey Devils
Los Angeles Kings
New York Americans
Atlanta flames/trashers?
Edited by Depch

Noob order was randomized by Plabax.

Returning order was calculated using previous GDL draft order calculations (per swos):

+4 pts to your total for each DNP

+8 points to your total for each playoff series win.

Example I had 85 points, 0 DNP's and 3 Series wins = 85+0+24 = 109pts

So the teams for nubs to pick from are below?

California Golden Seals
Winnipeg Jets
New Jersey Devils
Los Angeles Kings
New York Americans
Atlanta flames/trashers?

Any NHL team that is not selected, you can move to a city such as Dallas for example.

Also, how was the newbs order determined? I thought Uncle Seth was 1st and Robbie last....why does Robbie have first pick amongst new players?

Random Generator, sort of like how GDL 9 had the noobs in random order, I just used a program to generate the order. I didn't know it had to do with waitlist order?

So any NHL team of now that is not selected along with the ones already in the league are available?

Noob order was randomized by Plabax.

Returning order was calculated using previous GDL draft order calculations (per swos):

+4 pts to your total for each DNP

+8 points to your total for each playoff series win.

Example I had 85 points, 0 DNP's and 3 Series wins = 85+0+24 = 109pts

Thanks Ice, this helps explain how the order was determined.

The spreadsheet already changed since my first post...so I guess there were some mistakes originally. This makes more sense now that I understand DNP's negatively affected your draft order.

Damn, figures in all my leagues, I've only had a few DNP's combined, and these 4 get me two draft spots!!

moRPW@#*)#*$#)(@$@#JPWEF

Assuming of course i lose those 4 games, which based on my win % last season, is a fair assumption.

Actually I was just looking at the GDL website, is Minnesota the North Stars or the Wild on the rom? I don't want to cause any more work for someone. If its a problem I will pick a team that already exsists on the rom.

Ok, crazy question.....can it be an NHL team of long ago? I saw Witt had the NY Americans. I would like the Pittsburgh Pirates if possible. Here is the logo and uniform. Basically all yellow with black trim like the 1984-85 Pens.

post-7663-0-54174900-1390587049_thumb.pn

post-7663-0-83820100-1390587061_thumb.gi

Ok, crazy question.....can it be an NHL team of long ago? I saw Witt had the NY Americans. I would like the Pittsburgh Pirates if possible. Here is the logo and uniform. Basically all yellow with black trim like the 1984-85 Pens.

Yeah you can use them.

Sweet thank you! Figure if I can't get the Pens, go with the next best thing. First NHL club in Pittsburgh in 1925 :)

I don't think Fitzo will be taking my team so I'll just publish it already. I'm gonna take over the Hamilton Tigers!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-time_NHL_team_performance_list

5 seasons in pre o6 era

Found some pics of jerseys

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-npw_KzXKzGM/TZEA1sk-fKI/AAAAAAAACl8/d9cdlGhekgE/s1600/St%25C3%25A9phane-HAM.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Li9G-fmAUyU/UCHH68Aqf9I/AAAAAAAAAdQ/U-zi3w8sF60/s1600/HamiltonTigers.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-21BEfuA-EvA/T_eE7TLIsgI/AAAAAAAAAd4/rMLIVAu4XOQ/s1600/Hamilton+Tigers.png

Obviously the newer jerseys don't match the NHL era jerseys, but those are pretty nice too. The official ones below from the 20's era.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/DefunctTeams/Tigers4.html (stripes, yikes! :D)

If it's not approved, I'll just follow in the footsteps of Jarmo Kekäläinen and take Columbus Blue Jackets.

Edited by Depch

Actually I was just looking at the GDL website, is Minnesota the North Stars or the Wild on the rom? I don't want to cause any more work for someone. If its a problem I will pick a team that already exsists on the rom.

:blink:

So it seems like still 3 left to go.

1 - LABS_66 - Pittsburgh Pirates
2 - Fitzo - California Golden Seals
3 - Depch - Hamilton Tigers
4 - Skeletor -
5 - Uncle Seth -
6 - Gretzkyonacold -

The ice and the jerseys of California Golden Seals is a horrible contrast. It hurts your eyes when I checked the GDL X rom, maybe the ice could be done a little more darker/blue. Not sure if anyone else has noticed it. Other than that I liked the name & jerseys of the team too. :)