NHL'94 Forums

NHL 94 Gentlemen's Club

kupuck19

10 members have voted

1. 1. Free Agent Draft penalty of -2 draft pts for unplayed gms before trade deadline?

2. 2. drop 3 weakest players on roster after free agency?

NHL 94 Gentlemen's Club

Format: 8 teams, Classic Rom (home/away, hot/cold
neutralized), 42 Games(3hm/3aw vs each), Intermission Trade Deadline, Best of 7
Play-offs

Rules: 5 minute periods, penalties: on, offsides off, line
changes: auto on (manual)

How it works? Before the Trade Deadline you have 4 games vs
each coach (2hm/2aw). When the trade deadline arrives after all coaches
complete their first 28 games of reg season, there will be a 10 day intermission. Each coach
will sign three free agents in a brief draft and conduct trades during this
period. Free Agents will be all the players from unused teams, last place at
the current time of the Trade Deadline will have first pick. After the last day
to do trades, the new rom with the final rosters will be posted up. Each coach
will than play 2 games vs each coach (1hm/aw) to finish the regular season
before continuing to playoffs. For a format like this to work numbers must be small,

coaches must have good history finishing league games and display good

sportsmanship; thus unfortunately there will be no waitlist.

Season 1 Teams and Coaches:

Boston Bruins: Minpind

Buffalo Sabres: Jer_33

Calgary Flames: Labs_66

Chicago Blackhawks: Jackandjose

New York Rangers: Wittgenstein

Toronto Maple Leafs: Kupuck

St. Louis Blues: Brutus

Vancouver Canucks: Probob

Chaos will have the schedule and uploads available in the
next few weeks on nhl94online.com . Will post rom here when it is complete. When the rom is out
feel free to start playing - just keep your savestates to upload later. GLHF!

We will try to keep (loosely!) to this scheduled frame:

Week 1: 2/10-2/17

Week 2: 2/17-2/24 (10 GP)

Week 3: 2/24-3/3

Week 4: 3/3-3/10 (20 GP)

Week 5: 3/10-3/17

Week 6: 3/17-3/24 (28 GP)

Trade Deadline Intermission: 3/21-3/31

Week 7: 3/31-4/7

Week 8: 4/7-4/14 (36 GP)

Week 9 4/14-4/21 (42 GP)

4/21-4/28 Playoff Quarter Finals
4/28-5/5: Playoff Semi-Finals

5/5-5/12: Playoff Championship Finals

**subject to change, if all coaches meet 28GP and 42GP marks earlier than expected, Trade
Deadline Week and Playoffs will be moved ahead.

94gentlemansclub.bin

Edited by chaos

Is there a waiting list ?

Its 94 nice guys only, & u have to know the secret password to gain entry..............its like my girlfriends bedroom

Its 94 nice guys only, & u have to know the secret password to gain entry..............its like my girlfriends bedroom

Here's the secret word

A league with only 8 spots doesn't need sign ups or a waitlist.

It was very easy to find 8 people (less than 24 hrs) into the concept of the league that wanted to participate. I'm sure we won't have a problem finding replacements. A waitlist will force us to use replacements in chronological order, which just does not work with this league. Instead, we'll look for someone who is currently active and has a good history of sportsmanship and game completion.

There are some higher caliber players that have expressed interest in this, but with Blitz and GDL both going right now wouldn't be the right time. Could be other divisions in the future.

Edited by kupuck19

1 minute penalties are in the rom :dal_skater_hand_grab::dal_skater_hand_grab::dal_skater_hand_grab: :dal_skater_hand_grab:

chaos should have schedules and uploads available on nhl94online.com either later today or within the next couple days. Feel free to start playing, just be sure to rename and keep any savestates from the games you play.

Edited by kupuck19

The site is up and going, Chaos has fixed the uploading errors. Thanks very much to Chaos for working hard to give us a place to upload and keep track of the league.

If you have savestates you can try to upload to the site now and should be fine.

Try to have 10 GP by Tues. 2/25. Trading will be opened either 3/10 or the week before.

had to switch goalie bytes for moog and blue because blue is my starter now. not sure what they do, but figured it's better to switch them to where they belong just in case. you really only need to download it if you're going to play me, and let me know if you wanna switch your starter and I can take care of it for you.

94gentlemansclubV2.bin

Edited by minpind

Yeah, that's how I understood it to work. You can upload w/ the "wrong" ROM used while you played, and it will display a different Box Score than you saw at "in game".

So, Moog is credited as the goalie in those 4 games.

Not sure why MINPIND changed it other than not wanting to switch goalies each game, but it comes at the price of displaying Moogie as his goalie of choice.

The good news is it uploads and the wins/losses and player stats minus Blue/Moog are not affected by MINPIND's loss of MIND :)

Yeah the only hangup is it logs the stats as moog, so mayb it is the roster. probably just confused what chaos meant b/w roster and linechanges.

Very good start - keep given'r.

fun stats:

Jeremy Roenick leads the lg with 8 total penalties.

47 different players have already recorded goals in the regular season to date.

Steve Smith of the Blackhawks is 3 for 3 on shots - 100% shot pct.

A total of 80 players have appeared in game thus far.

John Blue has legally changed his name to Andy Moog amidst a personality crisis.

Edited by kupuck19

fuggin derp, my bad guys. It was something I was gonna do with the rom in the first place. With blitz and gdl going on I thought we were gonna have a little more time to get it finalized. Good to see the lg is rolling along though. Looks like we will just have to have a gentlemen's agreement with those 8 games. Andy "asterisk" Moog.