NHL'94 Forums

GDL XI Next Steps

IceStorm70

Great job on the draft fella's, a few minor hiccups but overall great participation by 80-85% of the league

Here are the next steps for GDL XI

- trade deadline: we'll give it till midnight sunday night

- preseason rom: targetting having an offical one, sans the graphicks out by Friday night. Any takers for modding it?

- I'll hit up Dadonche to start working on final rom graphics.

- once trade dealine passes i'll hand off final rosters to chaos to create league site on nhl94online.com

- Season starts: Thursday 2/13!

We've got many newcomers this year, I'm not quite sure how the FA works and do we have one this year and this is prolly open for many of us newbs. I'm myself interested in making one switch at least.

Should the FA switch just be like first come first serve and just missing a thread or have there been any specific rules regarding it?

We've got many newcomers this year, I'm not quite sure how the FA works and do we have one this year and this is prolly open for many of us newbs. I'm myself interested in making one switch at least.

Should the FA switch just be like first come first serve and just missing a thread or have there been any specific rules regarding it?

You bet. What does "FA" even mean?

Good question. I'll start up a FA thread later today. Teams are allowed a max if 2 FA acquisitions. Deadline for FA's will be same as trade deadline.

• 2 weeks later...

In the thread where we picked our teams a couple weeks ago I did specify the jersey request. It's more of a vision thing than anything as it's much easier on my eyes to be either nearly all black or all white. Which is why I picked the Kings. However, if it is a major pain to switch them I understand.

^I wouldn't even care if the logo on the ice stayed and the jerseys went solid yellow (away) & solid purple (home). I remember playing some team recently and their away jerseys looked close enough (at least to my eyes) to the Kings home ones the rom has now. But I won't make a big deal out of it. Just if it can be done quickly, I'd love solid colors (any) for home and away.

^I wouldn't even care if the logo on the ice stayed and the jerseys went solid yellow (away) & solid purple (home). I remember playing some team recently and their away jerseys looked close enough (at least to my eyes) to the Kings home ones the rom has now. But I won't make a big deal out of it. Just if it can be done quickly, I'd love solid colors (any) for home and away.

Yeah that's my team.. Anyway I'll adjust all the colors and all that so Donch doesn't feel overwhelmed. If he hasn't already done it of course.

quit f**king around ,just edit the fn rom and get this going,you guys are going to turn this into a fn joke again.Theres no need for changing colors and s**t ,JUST EDIT AND START YOU FRICKEN BUMS,most of the rosters are already done on the test roms,i couldve had this rom done in 1 day ,you guys fn piss me off with all youre bullshit delays

Edited by hokkeefan

Well, since Hokkee is too busy pussyfooting around w/ it, and not just stating how he feels, I'll say it more clearly... :)

I think anyone who is doing the site should probably not be doing the ROM, if it costs the league an extra two weeks to start.

For me, the reality is, if someone is doing something extra for us, like doing website work so we can upload games on the scheduler, giving them the additional work of the ROM & uniforms & team names, etc, adds too much to the plate. I know if I have a little bit of work to do, I get it done right away. IF I have a TON of something, it gets put off as long as I can, because it's just mentally draining to even think about.

Anyhow, if we get to add some extra colors, switch teams, change names, etc, and it delays a league starting two weeks, it's not worth it. The biggest momentum is post-draft and getting a league started within a week, imo.

Could be wrong, or could be just easier to scream F&CK F*CK let's go you F&CKS!

I don't think those involved with the ROM are setting up the league on the website..

Anyway, I agree with what brutus is saying, but when we have already switched our teams, what can we do.

Wondering why it takes so long?

For each team you need to set their :

Uniforms

Home Screen Logo

Ice Logo

Home Screen Banner

In-Game Banner

When the order of teams is switched, or the colour scheme changes, you most likely have to re-do ALL of it.

When the home jerseys are changed, you have to re-do the ice logo.

If you have a logo that has been never used, you will have to RECOLOR the palette until it matches up with the logo.

You also have to make the in-game banners manually by cutting and pasting EACH letter in a row.

Do that for 24 teams and this is why the delay exists.

Edited by PlabaxV2

And see, this is all WORK someone is doing for free, which gets delayed even longer for anyone.

Just noting, we should limit the work needed to be done post draft to "x" number of requests per season, kind of like a waiting list.

Common commish, you are just slacking baby!

Make some executive decisions next time and keep the ball rolling.

or in Hokke language, F&CK FU*K FUC* *UCK YOU!!! GET TO WORK YOU F&CKS!

if anyone else wants to learn site programming and graphics coding on the rom, be my guest. otherwise we'll start when everything is done.

Hokkee is you added an ounce of productivity to this site or community it'd be easier to accept your BS tirade here. Otherwise stop being an instigator please.

Appreciate the patience of the other 20 league members.

The site can't be set up until rosters are finalized and graphics are done. I need the banners and logos of the teams in the ROM. If they aren't done yet, the site doesn't get set up. You want it to look pretty when you look at your team page, don't you?

Stuff would roll along faster if people weren't so specific about jersey colors, team names that aren't in the original ROM, etc. The simpler things are, the quicker it gets set up.

Once I get the graphics and rosters, it takes a couple days and the site will be set up. Patience.

Well, I can do the lines & players to all teams like today if that helps. Just no experience with the jerseys/banners so that has to be done by someone else. I need to change my lines a bit anyways from my posted ones.

Rom is done. Big thanks to DaDonche for doing graphics.

I'll be inputting the rosters tonight and handoff to chaos tomorrow night to begin updating site. We're close!