NHL'94 Forums

USA VS CANADA - olympic semi-final game

halifax

Good job Bylsma and Team USA staff, leaving your most offensive players off the team and/or on the bench.

-Wheeler: big shot, speed, reach, puck protection, natural scorer (2 shifts the entire tournament)

-Bobby Ryan: pure goal scorer, multiple 30-40 goal seasons

-Okposo: cannon shot can score from afar, reach, speed, puck protection

-Yandle: one of the best skating defenseman in the league, fast, offensive, can rush it

When you need goals these guys are the ones that make it happen. Not Dustin Brown, Brooks Orpik, Callahan, Kesler, Parise, Carlson. In 2018, bring some natural goal scorers that can put the puck in from range, instead of solely guys that can only score inside of 12 feet. You can fill the rest of the squad with 2-way forwards and stay at home D.

this was definitely a Poille/Nashville-style team. good for making teams compeitive with low payrolls, not winning gold medals in a tournament of all-stars. could def see in the 3rd period that this wasn't a team built to come from behind. Edited by PRoBob38

For all the stars in this game it was pretty boring. Part of it I'd probably self defense mechanism from accepting the loss but still....

Congrats to Canada definitely the better team on paper and on ice. Just would've liked a more exciting game.

This is coming from the guy who refused to play our playoff series because he did not want to miss the 1st period of Boston vs Chicago game 5.

And you are complaining this game was boring? :D

This is coming from the guy who refused to play our playoff series because he did not want to miss the 1st period of Boston vs Chicago game 5.

And you are complaining this game was boring? :D

Heh, because i had tix for game 7 in chicago, i was especially tuned into that series.

For all the stars in this game it was pretty boring. Part of it I'd probably self defense mechanism from accepting the loss but still....

Congrats to Canada definitely the better team on paper and on ice. Just would've liked a more exciting game.

yeah its pretty boring.....................

WHEN YOUR TEAM GETS SHUTOUT !!!! LOLOL

but to put it in perspective ..how many players on team usa wouldve made the team canada roster.

yeah its pretty boring.....................

WHEN YOUR TEAM GETS SHUTOUT !!!! LOLOL

but to put it in perspective ..how many players on team usa wouldve made the team canada roster.

Miller

Quick

Kessel

Kane

All I got.

If you thought that game was exciting you're nuts. 2010 game wasway more exciting. This game was a defensive masterpiece by Canada which is booooooooring.

Boaring for what USA did lol they had like 2 scoring chances...all in the 1st period. if it wasn't of quick brightness Canada would have get a couple more goals in and it wouldn't have been a defensive a rapon, just a real rapon

Edited by Freydey

Miller

Quick

Kessel

Kane

All I got.

If you thought that game was exciting you're nuts. 2010 game wasway more exciting. This game was a defensive masterpiece by Canada which is booooooooring.

i only heard it on the radio and yes it was kind of boring compared to the womens game.

Edited by hokkeefan

I thought it was an entertaining game. I was kind of just in awe of the amazing defense Canada was playing. US was setting all these plays up and there was always a Canada player there. It was kind of like the Pens playing Boston in the ECF all over again... where Bylsma was coach... :glare:

U S & A getting shutout second game with a medal on the line. I think that pretty much sums out what I thought watching them against the lesser teams. Popping 5-6 goals on garbage is irrelevant to how you play against real talent.

It's like winning in the regular season in the NBA when teams don't play their real defense.

I thought it was an entertaining game. I was kind of just in awe of the amazing defense Canada was playing. US was setting all these plays up and there was always a Canada player there. It was kind of like the Pens playing Boston in the ECF all over again... where Bylsma was coach... :glare:

lol i said the same thing to sicarius last night on AIM, eerily similar.

wow cant believe usa gets shutout 2 in a row! I thin bylsma is a shitty coach these days ,his dark cloud followed him to sochi.Sure the pens record is good in the regular season but look at the roster.When the going gets tough though bylsma leads them to failure.

and

Patrick kane had 2 missed penalty shots and was in the penalty box when fins went ahead 3-0

Edited by hokkeefan

wow cant believe usa gets shutout 2 in a row! I thin bylsma is a shitty coach these days ,his dark cloud followed him to sochi.Sure the pens record is good in the regular season but look at the roster.When the going gets tough though bylsma leads them to failure.

and

Patrick kane had 2 missed penalty shots and was in the penalty box when fins went ahead 3-0

Game 5 2009 Cup finals, lose 5-0 to Detroit, fall down 3-2 to the team that beat them the year before and was favored to do it again. Not sure what's a tough situation if that's not...