NHL'94 Forums

SNES (PROVEN)TO BE THE BEST VERSION FOR NHL94

Genesis you have to lightly tap the pass button.

Easy on the pass.

Or the pass will be inconsistent.That's puss.

Tap Tap Puss.

So the Super Nintendo's frames per second are not as great as Genesis. Really? <_<

Not!

Whatever!

Could it be fixed Evan?

Super Nintendo is choppy NO!

Genesis is sloppy!

But respect that it's still 94!

For best results, read the above as if it was Asian Poetry and imagine spa music playing in the background. It works.

You can create more passing and deking plays on the Super Nintendo and SNES has better goalie control.

I'm posting some plays on You Tube.

In less than a week.

94!!!

Genesis you have to lightly tap the pass button.

Easy on the pass.

Or the pass will be inconsistent.That's puss.

Tap Tap Puss.

So the Super Nintendo's frames per second are not as great as Genesis. Really? dry.gif

Not!

Whatever!

Could it be fixed Evan?

Super Nintendo is choppy NO!

Genesis is sloppy!

But respect that it's still 94!!!

I was with you all the way untill you said, "Genesis you have to lightly."

As gr81 said: Their are more ways to score on Genesis. Back hand floaters. Picking the far corner with a slap shot from the circle. Sharp angle dekes.

On Snes you're marooned to two options. 1 timer or deke.

The experiment states quite clearly and you can read it for yourself. It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal. You lose. Good day sir!

In case you missed that I'll translate in your idiom: "Whil3 I may b3 playing with pow3r. T3h Genesis gme has more more more!!!"

I've just added on You Tube.

5 Highlight Goals:

2 Behind the net flip pass goals:

Behind the net flip pass goal (Case to Jeff).

post-269-1173169812_thumb.jpg

bindi.bmp

• 4 weeks later...

Genesis goalies are not as good as SNES goalies.There is no reason for the goalies in Genesis to get that far out of position just

trying to make a cross crease passing save.Puss.They over commit leaving a big open net. :)

The Genesis goalies fly around like fairies.

post-269-1175060662_thumb.jpg

Sound and graphics better on genesis?... You've gotta be.... The sounds are horrid and the main (only?) reason why I don't even play it... I'd much rather play EA Hockey, at least it's as old as it looks and it has international teams!

B)

Gamplay on the other hand... Won't say either this or that, mainly what you're used to. If someone found a way to mute the damn crowd on genesis NHL 94 I might even consider playing it

;)

And the graphics, I don't even see how it's a contest. And I'm not talking about the recent mods, which look really nice, but the default one, errr.. But then again, I've been playing SNES NHL 94 with zsnes and "interlace" which makes it really smooth, and I think I've been using default rendering while playing genesis, although I have tried the different rendering options but never found any really good ones.

But the players look way better on SNES imo. Menus are nicer in genesis, and the music is sweeeet!

:D

this argument will never die!!

You suck!!

SNES rules!!

Sucks is way to harsh of a word to use.

Genesis is not as good.

Case closed.Done thank you.

But respect that it's 94.

post-269-1175564628_thumb.jpg

To use the sucks word for any version of 94 should be whacked by the 94 gods.

Hits and Posts:

Goalie interference goal:

Flip pass mix:

post-269-1175598003.jpg

post-269-1175599870_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dr. Pizza
A Cold Case file has been re-opened!

I was a big fan of NHL 94 on SNES. god that was good times.. i think the graphics were better on the SNES, but it was a little bit choppier then the Genesis version.. and also the goalie saves were wicked IMO. But i grew up playing the SNES version. but the Genesis version is awesome, but i dig the SNES music more.

I'm Back!!!

Super NES #1!

message deleted by George Bush

who knew george bush was a fan of nhl94.

• 5 years later...

I just found this thread....thought it would encourage some professional dialogue with no drama.