NHL'94 Forums

NHL Trade Talk

hokkeefan

Apparently Kesler is on his way to Pittsburgh

“A proposed deal would send Kesler to the Penguins in exchange for Brandon Sutter, two 2014 draft picks — likely a first- and third-round — and the Canucks' choice of defensemen Simon Despres or Brian Dumoulin,”

I think its a great deal,Brandon Sutter is exciting and has 21 points on the 3rd line in Pitts which isnt much ice time,and the best part is....HES CANADIAN !!!!

Maybe we could throw in luongo and we will take Fluery

pens overpaying a bit but really it's a move they have to make. the pressure is on them to win now and kesler is probably the best player being sold right now.

the crosby-malkin-staal days may be over, but crosby-malkin-kesler is even better.

Isn't their issue the last 4 years in nets? What's Kesler going to do if MAF or Vokoun is in between the pipes?

2010 - Halak played out of his mind

2011 - Penguins injuries

2012 - Fleury

2013 - Bruins playing great

Don't forget that Fleury played great in 2009, I wouldn't give up on him so soon.

2010 - Halak played out of his mind

2011 - Penguins injuries

2012 - Fleury

2013 - Bruins playing great

Don't forget that Fleury played great in 2009, I wouldn't give up on him so soon.

2012 the entire team lost their minds, not just Fleury. But yee goaltending issues overblown.

Fleury has been awful for the last 3 seasons in playoffs. But nobody would rather have lu lol. anyways pens always make tons of moves on the deadline so we shall see

i understand all those reasons, but just look at MAF stats in playoffs, if you're going to pay the guy 5.75M per year you need him to win some series for you. Those numbers, aside from the 07-08 playoffs are horrendous. Imagine if they had a goalie with a .920 sv% all those years?

post-1168-0-79645300-1393937909_thumb.pn

MAF is definitely one of the most overpayed, overrated goalies. He's barely average and still racking money from that 1 cup.

I think that's highway robbery if the Penguins get Kesler out of this.

Sutter is 3rd line material as evidenced by his lack of scoring (altough he's a GREAT 3rd line center). While Kesler is clearly a top 6 forward with the same PK abilities that Sutter has.

Pittsburgh's pick will be so late it'll be like a 2nd round pick, and their prospects are OKAY at best.

If teels like every year Pittsburgh gets a guy (Kunitz, Hossa, Jokinen) out of offering somebody their poo-poo platter of subpar s**t.

I'm surprised at how many guys are being traded for late-round picks. with one day to go, not much has happened. ROM updates will be easier if not much else happens. I wish the Bruins offered enough to get Robidas. he's being rented for less than Home Alone on VHS.

I love that the penguins make all the flashy moves at the deadline and then fizzle in the playoffs. I'd love for the Hawks to make the big moves but you can't argue with their success.

i think we're held to a bit of a crazy high standard if losing in the ECF to a team that won it all 2 years before is considered "fizzling."

Edited by PRoBob38

I like this Hemsky deal. Ottawa has slim to no chance of making the playoffs at this point, but at least we get to watch Hemsky (former Hull Olympique) add some talent to the forward group here, and at least make a run for that last wildcard spot.

Funny how all the tv sports talk guys said ...luongo sucks and hes treated like s**t and should be moved,then he gets traded ,and they say vancouver got screwed and they suck and what the heck are they doing !!! Im rerally sick of all the hnic hockey talk or nhl.com,buncha idiots !!
They also said van has no young prospects so we trade the goalies for horvat,markstrom and mattias and have Lack who is playing excellent and then they complain about getting rid of 2 pain in the ass drama king goalies. arrhg i ahte the hateful negative media these days ,all they do is pick apart every trade for the worst.
NYR complain they got robbed for st louis which is fn ridiculous ,st.louis with nash will get wicked ,and the picks are conditional both ways,

ps ,also the nucks dont have to carry a loooong contract for luongo now and have young goalies who could be very good in the future,loook at some of the previous cup winners ,they pay low for goalies n put there money towards all the forwards like chicago