NHL'94 Forums

GDL XI - Checkpoint 1

IceStorm70

Checkpoint 1 for GDL XI is tonight. The following teams below have not reached the 7 game min played. Please get some games in tonight.

Checkpoint 2 is when we'll begin to look to replace teams not keeping up. If you get behind more then one checkpoint you will more then likely get replaced.

Pittsburgh Vocally Caged 6
Buffalo swos 6
Minnesota Gretzkyonacold 6
Boston minpind 4
Atlanta brutus 4
Vancouver Zalex 4
Hartford BoKnowsNHL94 2
Chicago dcicon5148 2
Anaheim Carse 0
San Jose eggink444 0
Los Angls Uncle Seth 0 PC issues, expected to play later this week

Nice job overall, let's keep this rolling!

I think this checkpoint is a little silly. Since there aren't any email/PM blasts going out the only way to know would be to check each post in the forum which a lot of people don't have time for. If you aren't on daily there is a chance that the post won't be in the latest round of recent topics or even in the most recently used Active Leagues topic.

I think this checkpoint is a little silly. Since there aren't any email/PM blasts going out the only way to know would be to check each post in the forum which a lot of people don't have time for. If you aren't on daily there is a chance that the post won't be in the latest round of recent topics or even in the most recently used Active Leagues topic.

checkpoints are listed on NHL94onlne.com page. Also in your schedule for your team.

Please try and keep up. No need for emails, pay attention to site and forum and play your games. same as usual.

I agree those deadlines are a bit aggressive tho, half of the coaches couldnt reach the 1st one, usually the easiest one to reach. ga.

I don't believe in "aggressive" deadlines anymore, because I woke up and saw Houly had played 20 games (5 coaches) of Blitz in <24 hrs. There is no way this deadline is agressive. There are 23 other coaches to play in GDL instead of 11, and finding 5 coaches can range you anywhere between 10-20 games.

7 games is a bit soft actually, it's a lack of effort on the slackers.

Edited by PlabaxV2

Thanks Plabax, 7 games a week is not much at all. a 2 month regular season followed by a month playoff is ideal. Then we could get 2-3 GDL seasons in per year as opposed to 1.

Agree...deadlines are not hard at all and can be easily completed if you just sign on and play. It's been proven over and over and over again in every league -- people catch up during the last week because of effort. Longer deadlines do not equate to more games being played.

Not that it matters because I am not an elite player, but the slow dragging out/dying/replacing that goes on in these leagues is what keeps me from joining.

The effort and time by the guys who run these leagues is Herculean.

2 month regular season followed by a month playoff is ideal. Then we could get 2-3 GDL seasons in per year as opposed to 1.

I think our 93 League (though we did have some minor issues) and the Gentlemens Club are on to something.

Get a group of guys you can count on and play.

Haha Mac it totally matters what everyone thinks here, elite or just for fun player.

In the end the mix of skills and types of people is what keeps this community going.

Ya youre fine Seth no worries. I pm'ed Carse few days ago with no reply. He will be replaced tuesday if he doesnt get a good chunk of games in.

Keep it up fellas!

cmon carseeee wtga