NHL'94 Forums

22-0! A new blitz record?!

Houly

I guess whats the etiquet in that situation? Noble/ethical answer is to keep trying not give up, but is it considered ok to pause and concede?

Giving up and letting opp score at will obviously isnt the answer, selfish imo to others in the league who care about stats. Could argue conceding also impacts stats.

but is it considered ok to pause and concede?

no, it's def not in a league game. it's also not fair to all of us who have taken a miserable rapon at one point or another and would have liked to quit, but played out the game bc it is right thing to do.

it screws up the lg stats if u quit.

I don't blame plabax. if dickon is going to quit half way through, run it up as far as you can and make his goals against average for season and the box score as ridiculous as possible.

Edited by Wittgenstein

I'm not blaming plabax, i think the main issue is just laying down. That type of thing kills stat leagues. I remeber doing it once to FPB awhile ago, got caught up in whoring my stats, didnt quite feel right. But was more pissed he laid down like that.

I'm not blaming plabax, i think the main issue is just laying down. That type of thing kills stat leagues. I remeber doing it once to FPB awhile ago, got caught up in whoring my stats, didnt quite feel right. But was more pissed he laid down like that.

The vast majority of E-Sports (including sports games at MLG) like Starcraft, League of Legends, Dota 2, Counter-Strike allow players to concede a match. I don't see why we couldn't do that here. Of course there's a limit (don't do it Mavs style) but when it's 8-0 your stats are probably already padded enough for the day.

I can't think of a sport where people are forced to stay and the opponent isn't prohibited (or highly discouraged) to run up the score. Of course in pro sports it's a different thing but they have paying spectators who go there live so it's a different thing.

Edited by The Russian Rocket

The vast majority of E-Sports (including sports games at MLG) like Starcraft, League of Legends, Dota 2, Counter-Strike allow players to concede a match. I don't see why we couldn't do that here. Of course there's a limit (don't do it Mavs style) but when it's 8-0 your stats are probably already padded enough for the day.

I can't think of a sport where people are forced to stay and the opponent isn't prohibited (or highly discouraged) to run up the score. Of course in pro sports it's a different thing but they have paying spectators who go there live so it's a different thing.

This is coming from the guy who had 248 goals with mogilny in gdl 7 lol. I'm sure you never had any 8-0 stat padding games in that cheesy lg :lol: