NHL'94 Forums

Ninety Flow 2014 Playoffs ROM

trudatman

so, Kreider, center ice logos and... do I have any errors in the LAK roster?

Can you make a short tutorial how to swap original players portraits with the generic ones? Mainly offsets of generic portraits and offsets of unique portraits (Roy, Gretzky, Jagr and so on) would be helpful.

the player card images are tabled in the mapping thread. if you go to a team's list in the hex code you will see that they have six unique portraits and then they have fifteen or so generic ones that use the same two or three over and over. it's pretty easy to understand. you'll have unique ones for each starter and zero, one or two generic goalie pictures on each team. the rest or the skaters are the same few over and over again. if you are just replacing Moginly with a generic one, it's pretty easy. that explanation and the chart in the mapping thread should get you there. I'd be willing to do this work for you if you are having trouble getting rid of old players for a new ROM.

• 2 weeks later...

of course. I look forward to more of your discoveries. if you need help with anything, I will do my best to assist.

• 2 weeks later...

of the people that stick around, I think the method most often used around here is emulating SNES on PCs. Macs would likely be second. some people play on mobile devices. I imagine that a decent SNES emulator on any capable machine would find the file to be compatible.

welcome.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks. you are quite welcome. I'm making great progress on a roster update and I'm looking for any with many different aspects of editing this thing further. with the progress made in center ice images I hope we are close to being able to rearrange the order teams list in and maybe even add Arizona and Nashville. there is plenty left to do, but you can at least expect an update in the first month or two of the coming regular season.

welcome to the board. any further comments/critiques/questions are encouraged.