NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 08 - Playoffs

Season 08 is finaly over, congrats to most guys on getting their games in. We will still use Smoz' rules for the playoffs or actually, the part i could figure out :P You can all start right away, just KEEP YOUR SAVESTATES, since we don't know if plabax will be willing to update blitz' current site. . .

Playoffs and DNPS were decided that way:

• Making the playoffs is based on your points - DNPs (1dnp per game).
  • Home ice advantage is determined by your points - DNPs
  • Final standing to decide the 1st rounds matchup is based on PTS%
  • Reseedings after each round.

A League

DNPs in the A league was a real pain in the ass, with me not being able to finish my schedule due to an injury, plabber retiring twice in 2 weeks and fpb being himself. I did not punish people for not
playing either me or plabber because we are responsible for these unplayed games. However, since this was probably the longest season of blitz ever, i don't consider any other unplayed games to be legit, except for eggink,, who was available a lot last week but couldn't fully complete his schedule because of the infamous FPB/asstorm incident. however, this doesen't affect the final standing...

1. Icestorm vs. 8 Depch (homeice: ice)

2. Freydey vs 7 Houly (homeice: Frey)

3. Zalex vs. 6. FPB (homeice: Zalex)

4. Kingraph vs. 5. SOH (home ice: king)

(King wins 4-0)

post-1513-0-73983600-1396921663_thumb.pn

B League

Very good job on the final rush there. Really proud of the Bs, no drama, no bulshitting, lots of games played, IN THE GA.

1. Dcicon vs. 8. Brutuskhan (homeice: Dic)

2. Fitzo vs. 7. Probob (homeice: Fitzo)

(Fitzo wins 4-2)

3. Rage93 vs. 6.. Gretzkyonacold (homeice: gretz)

4. Minpind vs. 5. Sicarius (homeice: sic)

post-1513-0-46856400-1396922772_thumb.pn

HAVE FUN AND ACT NICE, GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE AND MAY THE BEST MOFAPE WIN!

Edited by Freydey

Great job Frey,

I know I spazzed out a bit over the checkpoints but truth is you did an awesome job of running the season, especially with all the drama & crap going on in that A league!

Question: If Plabax is now gone, who is going to be getting the Blitz 09 draft & site organised?!!! :D

Edited by LA Robbie

Chaos, what is your availability over the next couple of weeks?

Can Hull be player of the season without even completing his full quota of games btw?!.........................If not I nominate Plabax's favourite player Sergio Momesso :rolleyes:

U have to wait to see who comes to the fore in the playoffs yet, but JR & Hull are big contenders, Nieuwendyk a good shout & Selanne's stats are incredible from the wing as a support guy.................................and Sergio Momesso :P

Cool to see the league still going...

The playoff seeding rules are pretty much correct, except I don't think you're using my wacky ratio formula for determining the DNPs for each game, but whatev.

One note: Getting "home" ice advantage in the playoffs means you get to choose if you want to be home or away, in the off-chance you prefer being the away team (which I don't think anyone has ever done so far).

Chaos, what is your availability over the next couple of weeks?

Can Hull be player of the season without even completing his full quota of games btw?!.........................If not I nominate Plabax's favourite player Sergio Momesso :rolleyes:

Sunday nights would be the best for me. What is good for you?

fitzo and I began our series. It's currently 3-2 SJ in the series, OTT leading game 6 2-1 with 1:30 left in the 2nd as it looked like fitzo lost internet connection.

crazy intense.

Sunday nights would be the best for me. What is good for you?

Im generally around most nights after 8pm CT, Saturday afternoons & all day Sundays. This weekend i'm away so if we can't play during week it looks like April 20th.

Probob - did u get ur game 6 SS to do a stitch?

Yeah, my router said "click" and that was it for the night. Tried 20 minutes to get it to work again but it was no use. Are you available the same time tonight Bob?

Yeah, my router said "click" and that was it for the night. Tried 20 minutes to get it to work again but it was no use. Are you available the same time tonight Bob?

90% sure i will be

Dallas (kingraph) beats Pittsburgh (SOH) and moves on to the next round. I have the saves...hopefully we'll figure out how to get the playoffs loaded soon. If Plabax doesn't want to admin the site, maybe he can hand it over to someone else? Or at least the code to save some time.

If required I can provide a hosting site for 10Gb space (php 5.3.3) and MySQL for no cost, no banners and so on. It's also possible to make the dns changes for blitz94.com towards that site so it would show it up. Someone just has to set up the site if they get the files, but I'm confident plabax get the playoff site up as well soon enough. :)

Edited by Depch