NHL'94 Forums

Heading to off season Vancouver

Depch

Now that the season is done for me and some others. I have some thoughts about off season already. I'm would be willing to trade all my saves to picks like if someone wants to save 2 guys first round, just giving me his pick from the 2nd round (1st pick) then. Not looking much to save from this team, Richardson & Corson could be the odd men out to be saved. Also obviously player trades possible and if I get something I like, then I might be keeping a save round or few.

Bure

Gilmour

Lebeau

Emerson

Kovalenko

Corson

Richardson

Weinrich

Langway

Gusarov

Hrudey

Healy

All in all the season was uphill & downhill. First getting used to higher frame games, then also a completely different gamestyle. But for this team the biggest impact was the change of checking resistance & checking bonus. How I see it's a way bigger change than the good old weight bug fix and changes things a lot more. I'm not sure if I enjoy it, but because of that I'm willing to give it at least one more season to find out with trying to build a proper team for it. A player like Bure even with stickhandling 5 falls down like a fly from a check now. The magical weight number seems to be around 7+ with high stick to be keeping your toddling going on with the changes properly (yes Bure does it sometimes too, but now falls from a check 8 times out of 10), not sure how lightweight Gretzky with stick 6 would handle it.

Edited by Depch

I think season 09 starts with 1st round picks and round 2 keepers.

I also wouldn't be opposed to a redraft, but that's just me. Blitz 2.0. Keeping in mind that I benefit a lot from keepers the way my team is set up.

i was also thinking about a 2.0 with all those replacements and new coaches coming in.... we shall see.