NHL'94 Forums

I have commited a sin (FPB & start buttons)

nahkahomo

Public announcement from the 'homo' himself (14.4.2014) :

I have commited a sin. A big crime. That is stalling the game and killing the clock (even when i'm down 4 goals). Including FPB killing the clock is when you sometimes go BACKWARDS after the faceoff and not always FORWARD. I heard I even went BEHIND THE NET 2 times. This action has caused FLAMINGPAVELBURE lots of grief and anger (I heard this was building up inside of him when he had to "WAIT for me several months to play that laggy ass s**t games") which led to him nervously pressing start frequently during our 4 games. I can't describe how deeply sorry I am and will now in public ask comissioner to deduct my 2 point victory and give them to FPB. If possible, he deserves extra points because trauma like this is something beyond human understanding. I hope I will NEVER EVER provoke my personal idol and a big NHL94 star into the point where he can't control himself and start buttons. At first I was amazed how this can be. Everbody is not Plabax or FPB where their playing style is to accelerate 9238832 miles per hour right after the faceoff and never stop or pass backwards. But after a small conversation with this wise man I now see the fault was all mine.

I would now like to plead all of you to appreciate FPB's personal life difficulties and the fact he could be angered by things no low IQ level people (like me) can ever understand. If something like this happens to you, don't argue or ask why. Just be understanding and apologize. Because it's always your fault.

Edited by nahkahomo

You went back from a faceoff (center ice) to behind your net in a game where you were leading and stalled multiple times. Then you complained i paused.

I even offered you to replay the games where I won, but you said you had to ''Sleep'' AKA b***h about it.

Edited by The Russian Rocket

you said you have the games on tape. why don't you put them online, URL here and see what other people think?

nahkahomo "the staller"

or

FPB the "start buttonist"

?

You don't get to judge s**t dodger boy. If you want to judge you got to play.

Roll the tape drama boy. Othwerwise quit youre crying and move on please

image_9245.jpg

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Haha, having some start button moments of my own as well from various people (not by FPB even though this is in the thread), some stating you score the gayest goals or general complainments about rebounds and such (and then trying pass from the center slot through 5-hole, oh the hypocracy). I'm hereby stating that if someone does pause out for a break for whatever reason of their own, I won't be taking part in the conversation untill the end of the game, if things look desync I'll take it as an exception. =)

Edited by Depch

i mis-read the intial post. Ya, taking the puck and skating behind your net stalling is grounds for a shooting squad imo. IDC how bad you're getting beat. If you want to stall cuz ur getting railed or routing someone skate around in the Ozone with puck or dump and chase.

If you did that Nahka I don't blame FPB one bit for getting pissed.

how is playing keep away -- while winning or losing -- worse than hitting start repeatedly during play? one is an action taken during the game that can be overcome by the other player and the other is an interruption of action, likely out of frustration and/or anger. you want to hide behind the net, winning or losing? it's cool. I'm coming for you if you are winning and you can stay there if you are losing; these are acceptable actions in actual hockey, too. you want to hit start a lot to break the flow? you must be addicted to drama. there is no equivalent in the real sport and nobody would tolerate it. you clowns make online play look really, uh... uninviting. you'd never get away with that in person.

I agree, pausing incessantly is just as bad. Just need to know what happened first - chicken or the egg.

Either way, there's an online game playing etiquette thread need to find and post here to remind people.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/13422-online-etiquette-guide/

Great post by King, some may be debateable but great guide in general. Pausing is mentioned. However, again, if someone is skating and stalling thats another story. It's a 5 min period game, not 20.

Hiding behind the net while winning or losing isn't covered in the guide (click the quote in my sig to bring it up), but it would be nice to add. Curious where people stand on this topic.

I've never had anyone hide behind the net when they were winning, though a few guys played keep away. I really don't mind that, even if it's a little cheesy. You can also tell people get a little more cautious winning late...just as some people take more risks late when losing. All part of the game.

A couple guys have hid behind the net while losing, which I can understand late in the 3rd period and you're signaling with the white flag. What gets me mad though, is when I also decide not to chase AND then you come out and try to score! :angry2: Or hiding in the 1st period...c'mon.

Hiding behind the net while winning or losing isn't covered in the guide (click the quote in my sig to bring it up), but it would be nice to add. Curious where people stand on this topic.

I've never had anyone hide behind the net when they were winning, though a few guys played keep away. I really don't mind that, even if it's a little cheesy. You can also tell people get a little more cautious winning late...just as some people take more risks late when losing. All part of the game.

A couple guys have hid behind the net while losing, which I can understand late in the 3rd period and you're signaling with the white flag. What gets me mad though, is when I also decide not to chase AND then you come out and try to score! :angry2: Or hiding in the 1st period...c'mon.

Frey is a king for... LOL

VC actually mentioned it like 3 posts into your thread (the skating around in your own end).

If I'm routing someone say 9-4 or 10-4 last few minutes of game i typically try and take long range slappers or skate behing opponents net without attacking

I strongly feel that skating anywhere on the ice is fair game and that repeated pausing is not. I understand that you guys don't care what I think, but hiding behind a screen is very different than playing in person. if I'm hiding behind the net and you chase me from one side, I'll break to the other and try to score. that happens in the real sport. if you keep hitting pause to break my flow, I'm giving you a controller with a broken start button and calling you out for being a cheater. maybe we should play a cooperative game instead.

oh, and I don't think I've employed the hide move more than once or twice in thousands of games, but if I do it, it's probably because I'm ahead and I feel like you are the better player. I like losing because it shows a good challenge, but I will try to win. hiding is very much fair.

but it's easy to rag the puck around from one end of rink to other and play keep away. Where's the fun it that? Plus the game is too short for tactics like that.

If it was 20 min periods might be more tolerable but even then. It's your opinion but in general I think you'll be in small minority on that one Tru

well, I do enjoy a good twenty-minute period. I can't say it's an admirable tactic, but it is fair. "come at me bro," I believe the kids say.

Skating backwards from the face-off is stalling?

I'll admit to trying to play a keep away game in order to try and avoid double digit goals against.

pausing is gay, specially from you kingraph ,when you lose after each goal you press pause!

Haha, Houly trying to start something. One time Houly accused me of doing that after our games and I asked him how many times I paused during our series.

"none" was the answer. -_- .

Anyway, I know it's a habit I have (btw, it's gotta be a "bad" goal), but the difference is I don't do it to annoy people or disrupt the game. When I play against people that I don't know, or I know the pausing bothers, I never pause. If I do by accident, I apologize afterwards. It's all about respecting your opponents.

On the other extreme is Frey...where we each pause/unpause back and forth about 5-6 times after a garbage goal. :lol: . Never in league playoffs though.

Probably all perspective based on what end of the games in general you're on.

If you're used to winning most of the time, the ragging puck around stalling time is cheezy, If you're middle of the road or lesser, then it's a means to potentially stay in games.

again. put the videos online FPB so that everyone can see did I stall or not, was the pausing "justified" or "just as bad". arguing without anybody knowing really what happened is just ridiculous.

you have the videos. put 'em on. I have nothing to fear, nothing to hide.