NHL'94 Forums

One-Timer Tourney

jer_33

Any interest in running a short tourney scoring only one-timers?

Final scores are reported based on successful one-timers reported in the game stats.

Would be a great way for new guys to practice setting up one-timers, and would also help learn how to better defend them.

Participants:

jer_33

kingraph

labs66

pearate

skeletor

Edited by jer_33

Any recommendations on how to run this? Thinking simple Google Spreadsheet for tracking.

Standard format? 5mins/no offsides?

Should we penalize goals other than one-timers? That is, give a negative goal for anything other than a one-timer? I feel that guys could still win games using their standard offensive tactics and simply overload the other team.

Ideas?

Adding a penalty is an idea, but would that allow people to score on their own net to reduce their opponents score? :)

I think it will be much harder to score when you KNOW your opponent has to do a one-timer, and that will be fun in itself. I'd imagine keeping it simple like a google spreadsheet.

I'm away for the weekend, returning Monday. If you're interested in joining please respond and I'll put a list together next week.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

You guys can use sea-hag.net to keep your scores+stats for each game if you want ;)

I should try to get some SNES-ers to do this too, fun idea.

Just might do that. Thx.