NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 08 - A FINALS

Freydey

Blitz 08: A Finals

Dallas Stars (30-14-0)

Vs.

Buffalo Sabres (28-10-0)

Finally, we’re all set for the 8th Final of Blitz A! We will have a new champion this year, with Kingraph back in the great final for a 2nd consecutive season and Asstorm making his 1st appereance after multiple seasons of hard work. Two of the toughest veterans will fight in an epic Best of 7 series to gain their first Blitz title, and the vicious game of mental intimidation has already begun on aim. Yesterday we could see with the AIM status of Asstorm that he was definitely ready for this matchup, claimingthat Kingraph was hiding for him.

Kingraph is on a very impressive streak. After losing his first 3 games of the series against Zalex and the Blackhawks, he came back to win the last 4 games, for the first 0-3 comeback in blitz history. Keeping his mind focus in the game, the New York Rangers coach has denied any interviews from NHL94.com.

The buffalo Sabres aren’t doing bad at all either, with only 2 defeats in 10 playoff games, and the best winning % of the regular season. In an official interview from NHL94.com, Icestorm, coach of the Buffalo Sabres gladly answer our questions:

Interviewer: -How do you feel before the finals?

Icestorm: -I feel confident, anxious and determined

Interviewer: -The key to victory is...?

Icestorm: -My B checking needs to be spot on. Remain patient on D. Solid G control and multi dimensional on offense. Puck movement is always key for my game

Interviewer: -Thanks a lot and good luck for your series:

Icestorm: -Merci beaucoup très bien

Is this the year? Asstorm never had great success in the playoff in Blitz history. However, he did rapon everyone with his Trapon this season, leading the league with a 3,19GAA. As for Kingraph, he raponed the league in his own way, winning the Rapon award with an impressive 233GF. So, what will be the biggest asset? A defensive minded team powered in front by Shanahan and Sandstrom or the explosive tandem of Neely/Selanne? May the best mofape win!!!!!

Official ESPN expert predictions:

Swos: Icestorm in 6 or 7
Freydey: Kingraph in 6
Zalex: Kingraph in 6..WTGA

Kupuck: Asstorm in 7

Fitzo: Ice in 4

Plabax: King in 5, but hes a cheater
Pierre Lebrun: Icestorm in 5
Jeremy Roenick: Kingraph in 4

-Record the games!

772880BLITZAFINALTREE.png

Edited by Freydey

Dallas will take it IMO

King has more weapons & variation to his game but the biggest deciding factor is that dream team he's created. Must be the greatest roster in Blitz history?

Good luck to both guys. Should be a phenomanal series! 2 of the best players but more importantly 2 of the best community members

Dallas will take it IMO

King has more weapons & variation to his game but the biggest deciding factor is that dream team he's created. Must be the greatest roster in Blitz history?

Good luck to both guys. Should be a phenomanal series! 2 of the best players but more importantly 2 of the best community members

Yes it should be a good series but get that d!?& out of your mouth Robbie lolol

I say it goes to game 7 and they run the 99 minutes out in ot and they both win :)

Dallas had a similar route last season, having to beat Zalex's Blackhawks and then VC's Penguins to reach the finals. Just flipped the rounds.

I'm excited for the finals vs Ice's Sabres. We play a decent amount of exis vs. each other, so we're familiar with each other's styles. We both change it up to, so it becomes a chess match...should be a fun series, I hope. Having said that, here's my official press conference speech:

"Buffalo is a good team, with a good coach, so we're gonna have to come out ready to play our best to win. We can't take them light, we have to play quality hockey for 15 minutes each game. Limit our turnovers, play smart. Don't take dumb penalties. 110% effort from all of our guys. The key will be to score more goals than them...win a game early to take back home ice and hold steady when we play in Dallas. Our fans are the best out there."